Native Instruments / Cinesamples sale - Up to 75% off

Amicus717

Half price sales with Cinesamples happen all the time, but I've never seen anything like the package they offer in this for $409.   ($1644)

Includes CineBrass PRO
CineStrings SOLO,
CineWinds PRO
CinePiano
Taylor Davis
CineBrass Descant Horn.

Just looking at the rest of the deal, the big ones sell for two hundred during the 50% off sale. 

Anybody who has had their eye on Cinesamples...

Also it's a good time to get Tina Guo Legato if you don't have it yet.

• Like 1

Worth noting, the Toolset bundle is the expansions to the original core libraries. They sold the core libraries (CineStrings, CineBrass, Harps, CineBrass Sonore, etc) for 70% off last year. I got the whole collection for, I think, $700, and it was a really good deal. Great libraries. I won't be able to resist this one at all, as it gives me all the expansions for one pretty awesome price. And yeah, Tina Guo is great across the board. It sees a lot of use in my template.

I really like their stuff. It is absolutely built as per the brand namesake, with a big, bold soundtrack vibe. The strings are fulsome and raspy, and kind of in-your-face. The brass is pretty powerful (and my favorite libraries of the whole set). The percussion is a mammoth library, with tons of options, and so far I like what I've heard (I'm still exploring that one). All the libraries have multiple mics and some really nice mix presets. 

Cinesamples also has multiple settings for how to switch between articulations -- there is separate mappings for keyswitch, velocity, pedal, etc., and you can tailor it all to you preferences, including adjusting the adaptive legato speed and intensity, etc. There is also polyphonic legato for some of the libraries,. 

I like their stuff a lot, and this is a heck of deal to my eyes...

Edited by Amicus717
  • Like 1

So, I did take the plunge and grabbed the Toolset bundle. Couldn't resist for that price, and I spent yesterday evening playing around with them. So far, they're great. 

The Woodwinds Pro library, in particular, is absolutely killer. Totally fits into the kind of music I like doing. It's got ensemble versions of the Woodwinds Core library (which is all solo instruments), and adds new solo instruments (bass clarinet, contrabassoon, contra clarinet, alto flute, bass flute, Eflat clarinet, etc) - but also has an extensive list of historical and world woodwinds and pipes: Irish whistles, a duduk, shawms, tenor and soprano recorders, baroque and renaissance flutes, a collection of bagpipes (border pipes, renaissance pipes, uilleann pipes), and a few patches worth of recorded phrases for some of these instruments.  It's an awesome addition to my collection. Really happy I got that one, and I've already used the border pipes in a new piece I'm assembling. The walkthru for this library is here, and I think it is worth watching: https://cinesamples.com/product/cinewinds-pro

The CinePiano library is basic, has four flavors (basic grand, a more ambient classical grand, a soft and intimate cinematic grand, and a hard edged rock grand) and they are all excellent - clean, clear and nicely calibrated. 

CineBrass Pro has additional ensembles and solo brass instruments, including a really delightful 12 Horn power ensemble, and lots of FX, mute patches and the like. Great addition to their already very nice CineBrass library. 

Taylor Davis solo violin is excellent - clean, expressive with a nice legato.

I've only briefly fired up the CineStrings Solo library, and haven't really explored it much. But what I have heard sounded great. 

As always,  YMMV. These libraries perfectly suit me, my working style and my musical preferences, and they sound very good, but they may not suit everyone. However, if you are already in the Cinesamples ecosystem as I am, then adding these for $400 is a total must-have, no-brainer. Frankly, I'd have paid $400 for the Woodwinds Pro library, and called it a good day. 

Rob

Edited by Amicus717
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Amicus717 said:

So, I did take the plunge and grabbed the Toolset bundle. Couldn't resist for that price, and I spent yesterday evening playing around with them. So far, they're great. 

The Woodwinds Pro library, in particular, is absolutely killer. Totally fits into the kind of music I like doing. It's got ensemble versions of the Woodwinds Core library (which is all solo instruments), and adds new solo instruments (bass clarinet, contrabassoon, contra clarinet, alto flute, bass flute, Eflat clarinet, etc) - but also has an extensive list of historical and world woodwinds and pipes: Irish whistles, a duduk, shawms, tenor and soprano recorders, baroque and renaissance flutes, a collection of bagpipes (border pipes, renaissance pipes, uilleann pipes), and a few patches worth of recorded phrases for some of these instruments.  It's an awesome addition to my collection. Really happy I got that one, and I've already used the border pipes in a new piece I'm assembling. The walkthru for this library is here, and I think it is worth watching: https://cinesamples.com/product/cinewinds-pro

The CinePiano library is basic, has four flavors (basic grand, a more ambient classical grand, a soft and intimate cinematic grand, and a hard edged rock grand) and they are all excellent - clean, clear and nicely calibrated. 

CineBrass Pro has additional ensembles and solo brass instruments, including a really delightful 12 Horn power ensemble, and lots of FX, mute patches and the like. Great addition to their already very nice CineBrass library. 

Taylor Davis solo violin is excellent - clean, expressive with a nice legato.

I've only briefly fired up the CineStrings Solo library, and haven't really explored it much. But what I have heard sounded great. 

As always,  YMMV. These libraries perfectly suit me, my working style and my musical preferences, and they sound very good, but they may not suit everyone. However, if you are already in the Cinesamples ecosystem as I am, then adding these for $400 is a total must-have, no-brainer. Frankly, I'd have paid $400 for the Woodwinds Pro library, and called it a good day. 

Rob

Would it fit well with other orchestral libraries for someone not owning anything from Cinesamples?

58 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Would it fit well with other orchestral libraries for someone not owning anything from Cinesamples?

I think the Taylor Davis violin, CinePiano and the Solo Strings would be a nice addition to anyone's collection, regardless of what you already own -- they're standalone products and they're great.

The Woodwinds Pro library doesn't have the bread-and-butter essentials found in the core library - flute, oboe, bassoon and clarinet - but does have a lot of really nice additional instruments that are good to add if you do the kind of music that needs them. I can see it being a worthwhile addition if you already have another basic woodwinds library.

The Brass Pro library is really intended to accentuate the Brass Core library, and I suspect it would be much less useful on its own - it's got a few nice standalone patches (12 horns, and a couple of solo patches for Trombone, Horn and Trumpet), but is also has a lot of FX patches and muted patches etc that are intended as direct extensions of the ones in the Core library. They may be useful, but they'd be a lot more valuable if you have both libraries. CineBrass Core and Pro are two libraries that really should go together as a pair, and the Pro one on its own is very incomplete.

The Descant Horns library is a nice addition to my library, but is kind of niche; the descant horn is a agile, lighter sounding French Horn variant that is great at playing high range notes, and very handy to have around, but not exactly a game changer. Nice to have, but not essential. 

So, there is definitely stuff here that would be useful to anyone, for sure, but if you don't have CineSamples Brass Core, then you're not getting full value for the package.

There is also the matter of the CineSamples sound and vibe -- to my ears it's pretty specific to their products, and may not suit everyone. Their stuff is all recorded on the MGM scoring stage, and its got a similar sound across all their libraries, and it's kind of big and bold and a bit in your face. They do have lots of mic options, so that helps you tailor it to blend with other stuff, so it can be flexible. But it is something that should be noted. 

Hope that helps!

Edited by Amicus717
  • Thanks 1