Free Amplitube 5 Triple Rectifier

Magic Russ

12 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Yes, this feature showed up in v5

Not sure about presets, but if you are just looking for creating a rack of owned gear it is easy now.

Though I prefer Amplitube 4, because the starting time of Amplitube 5 is terrible!

@mibby You can also change the contents of the presets in Amplitube 4: Simply change the folder structure in "Documents\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 4\Presets" to your liking!

2 hours ago, marled said:

Though I prefer Amplitube 4, because the starting time of Amplitube 5 is terrible!

@mibby You can also change the contents of the presets in Amplitube 4: Simply change the folder structure in "Documents\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 4\Presets" to your liking!

So, I brought up the Manager and it said the amp was added.   Then I opened Custom Shop, Refreshed My Gear, then spent all the time I cared to trying to figure out how to turn the non-owned stuff OFF so I don't have to see them.  I even opened the manual. (gasp!)  I never even got to the point of playing through a damn amp.  Fail.   Then I closed it and went back to working on my tune.

I know a lot of you guys like these and I sound like an old curmudgeon, but oh well. The whole IK universe just doesn't "click" with me - at all.   It shouldn't be this convoluted.  OTOH, I noticed in my session that I've got Black 76 and Tape Delay, both of which I love!  Then went back to playing with Kuassa and PA's Gallien-Krueger.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mibby said:

So, I brought up the Manager and it said the amp was added.   Then I opened Custom Shop, Refreshed My Gear, then spent all the time I cared to trying to figure out how to turn the non-owned stuff OFF so I don't have to see them.  I even opened the manual. (gasp!)  I never even got to the point of playing through a damn amp.  Fail.   Then I closed it and went back to working on my tune.

I know a lot of you guys like these and I sound like an old curmudgeon, but oh well. The whole IK universe just doesn't "click" with me - at all.   It shouldn't be this convoluted.  OTOH, I noticed in my session that I've got Black 76 and Tape Delay, both of which I love!  Then went back to playing with Kuassa and PA's Gallien-Krueger.

Just click one button. Simple. Non-owned gear is then not shown.

Amplitube 5 User manual, page 47 - Gear Selector. Top right, under the options button.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Not related to IKM but most virtual guitar rigs I'm always left scratching my head who ran QC to let the presets out the door as representative of a product.

One thing I dislike (and this is true for most amp sim software I've tried) is, despite having an input level in the right range, the output level of presets is often clipping. This is true for a lot of the Amplitube presets in general. I almost always have to turn down the output gain to not be clipping.

This is especially annoying when trying to scroll several presets. You have to stop and turn the output gain down on each one. Odd behaviour in my opinion.

It seems to me, if your input is in the green your output sound be in the green. Not sure what I'm missing with that, but the same was true in Amplitube 4.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Brian Cadoret said:

So what would be the most suited IK cabinet to use with this beast, I've got various 4x12 metal cabs just wondering what users think.

Brian 

Doesn't it come with the MESA 4x12?

I already have the MESA collection, so I'm not sure, but that's what normally is paired with it.

24 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

One thing I dislike (and this is true for most amp sim software I've tried) is, despite having an input level in the right range, the output level of presets is often clipping. This is true for a lot of the Amplitube presets in general. I almost always have to turn down the output gain to not be clipping.

This is especially annoying when trying to scroll several presets. You have to stop and turn the output gain down on each one. Odd behaviour in my opinion.

It seems to me, if your input is in the green your output sound be in the green. Not sure what I'm missing with that, but the same was true in Amplitube 4.

It goes both ways.  Some of the presets from the original Fender package were nearly inaudible.  But more often than not, people tend to overdo gain and levels.

And although Amplitube factory presets can be problematic in this respect, they are nowhere near as bad as the user presets you find on the Bias cloud.

30 minutes ago, Magic Russ said:

It goes both ways.  Some of the presets from the original Fender package were nearly inaudible.  But more often than not, people tend to overdo gain and levels.

And although Amplitube factory presets can be problematic in this respect, they are nowhere near as bad as the user presets you find on the Bias cloud.

Yeah, the Orange collection had that problem as well. Though it seems better now in A5.

The Bias cloud for sure! Some of those are absurd.

Just came back to say I finally was able to play around with these last night, and these sound really good!  And THANK YOU IK!

Definitely need to do some reading up on the recorder/looper in amplitude!  😎

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 6:44 PM, locrian said:

Thanks.  I just noticed the previously released ones (e.g., Slash, Satriani, etc.) in the IK Product Mgr.

But how do I find these *specific* presets in AmpliTube itself?  I've tried searching for them but they don't show up.

I've also followed all the instructions:

1. Download and install AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop

2. Launch Custom Shop

3. Use the Restore My Purchases tool

Check, check, and check.  But where are they?

To be clear, I'm not sure what the preset names are or how many there are, so I don't even know what I'm looking for.

image.png.5d238f0a5218055055f566df927ee744.png

Yeah, these are the previously issued ones. No new Mesa presets to be found😖

On 4/9/2021 at 8:43 AM, mibby said:

Definitely need to do some reading up on the recorder/looper in amplitude!  😎

I have found that the recorder looper is a nice practice tool. While your playing around with presets and you come across a groove, record it, jam over it over and over on and on!! It has many more uses, but you can see what I mean.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2