Free Amplitube 5 Triple Rectifier

Magic Russ

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=AmpliTube5Phase2MESA

Through May 2, we're keeping the party going to celebrate AmpliTube 5's rightful place as the King of Tone with free gear from AmpliTube MESA/Boogie and a new series of free VIP presets.* See instructions below on how to unlock your free MESA/Boogie Triple Rectifier head now and come back each week for details on the new artist presets to come.

*MESA/Boogie head and all artist presets available through 5/2/21

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Are we able to HIDE the amps we don't own yet??  

I don't mean to sound ungrateful for the FREE amp because I'm sure it will sound great.  But to be honest, I don't even try Amplitude anymore because I just don't find it very user friendly if you don't own everything, and I get frustrated trying to find "My Gear" along with all the demo stuff.  There are too many other decent options. Nothing kills the creative spark more than pulling up software then have to hunt through tons of things you don't own just trying to find the ones you do so you can play...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mibby said:

Are we able to HIDE the amps we don't own yet??  

I don't mean to sound ungrateful for the FREE amp because I'm sure it will sound great.  But to be honest, I don't even try Amplitude anymore because I just don't find it very user friendly if you don't own everything, and I get frustrated trying to find "My Gear" along with all the demo stuff.  There are too many other decent options. Nothing kills the creative spark more than pulling up software then have to hunt through tons of things you don't own just trying to find the ones you do so you can play...

Yes, this feature showed up in v5

Not sure about presets, but if you are just looking for creating a rack of owned gear it is easy now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Not sure about presets, but if you are just looking for creating a rack of owned gear it is easy now.

Really?? SWEET!  Thanks, now I must check it out tonight!

6 minutes ago, mibby said:

Really?? SWEET!  Thanks, now I must check it out tonight!

Interface is a lot better now.  v4 was pretty dreadful, IMO.

Still a bit of a resourse hog compared to say the PA stuff, but much much easier to work with on the UI side and content management than it used to be.

Edited by Brian Walton

1 hour ago, LAGinz said:

I’ve already got the Mesa Collection, but I don’t see the new presets where they say they are. I see the previous ones provided over the last few months, but don’t see these new ones.

"See instructions below on how to unlock your free MESA/Boogie Triple Rectifier head now and come back each week for details on the new artist presets to come."

So the new presets have not been released yet.

51 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Yes this filters out presets that have gear you do not own (or corresponding to however you have the Gear Selector set).

Another of my big gripes addressed!   Going downstairs to try out the new version now... 

What a headache to get this thing installed/registered/authorized!

Part of my confusion is the variety of installation and authorization programs that IK has: there's IK Authorization Manager, which has worked fine in the past, just put in the serial number and I'm done, then there's the new IK Product Manager, which is supposed to let me "Register, Download, Install, Authorize....from one central location," and which has only ever worked for the "Download, Install" parts of the process for me. Then there's the Custom Shop, which is somehow involved in the process.

Even though they are pushing this all-in-one Product Manager, the instructions say to install Amplitube Custom Shop, which I already had, and do "Restore My Purchases." Which I did after my usual lengthy digging process to figure out where they had moved it to this revision, and which joyfully tells me that it has restored all my purchases. I go to my usual location for reading my serial numbers, the My Products section of the website, and there's no serial for the Triple Rectifier, but with a bit more digging inside the plug-in UI, it's in there.

I think the biggest issue that tripped me up was that I wasn't sure where to look to confirm registration and installation. The serial doesn't show anywhere that I can see. There's no confirmation that this specific new amp model has been installed, just the blanket notification that my purchases had been "restored." Most software/product installers show some indication that the software is installed and ready to use.

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

I think the biggest issue that tripped me up was that I wasn't sure where to look to confirm registration and installation. The serial doesn't show anywhere that I can see. There's no confirmation that this specific new amp model has been installed, just the blanket notification that my purchases had been "restored." Most software/product installers show some indication that the software is installed and ready to use.

I'm struggling with this as well.  So, where do the MESA/Boogie presets show up?

This is needlessly complicated.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

If you click the button to show only the gear you own it also applies to the presets.

Edit: I see this was already answered, sorry

Edited by RSMcGuitar
I'm a big ol' dumb dumb

24 minutes ago, locrian said:

I'm struggling with this as well.  So, where do the MESA/Boogie presets show up?

This is needlessly complicated.

According to the info above the presets aren't out yet. When they are out they are under Amplitube 5 in the IK Product Manager. The previously released presets are there as well.

1 hour ago, RSMcGuitar said:

... they are under Amplitube 5 in the IK Product Manager. The previously released presets are there as well.

Thanks.  I just noticed the previously released ones (e.g., Slash, Satriani, etc.) in the IK Product Mgr.

But how do I find these *specific* presets in AmpliTube itself?  I've tried searching for them but they don't show up.

I've also followed all the instructions:

1. Download and install AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop

2. Launch Custom Shop

3. Use the Restore My Purchases tool

Check, check, and check.  But where are they?

To be clear, I'm not sure what the preset names are or how many there are, so I don't even know what I'm looking for.

image.png.5d238f0a5218055055f566df927ee744.png

Actually, for me (an AmpliTube 5 CS user), this may be more trouble than it's worth given that:

"We're excited to be offering you these fresh collections. Custom Shop users can expect one or more of the presets to work using just the free gear included in AmpliTube 5 CS, and can audition 20+ new".

This is way too much hassle for just one or two presets.  Oh well...

56 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

If you click the button to show only the gear you own it also applies to the presets.

Edit: I see this was already answered, sorry

I always develop tones from scratch using my guitars , so wasn't sure.  

Not related to IKM but most virtual guitar rigs I'm always left scratching my head who ran QC to let the presets out the door as representative of a product.

• Like 2