Won't load VST instruments

Always “open “ Midi  files import is for midi clips not whole songs  you loose important data  if you import 

in my signature is a link to my tutorials and lots of info about using midi with Cakewalk

Or go to the Tutorials sub forum 

Edited by John Vere

It's a bad idea to completely change the text of the OP.

It makes the thread very difficult to follow.

After receiving replies, consider leaving the OP alone and create a new thread for different questions.

If you figure out the solution to the OP consider posting it for the benefit of other with similar questions. Edit the OP adding Solved to the subject line.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, gustabo said:

Why not load a vst instrument and drag the midi into it?
Check out tutorials to learn how to accomplish what you are trying to do.

That won't work, either. I can't find tutorials on this problem. Effects will load into midi tracks, but instruments won't. Midi instruments load into audio tracks, but there is no sound if they are switched on. Instruments work on midi tracks in another of my DAWs.

There are several ways to add soft synths to a project.

One method is described in the To create Instrument tracks section on this page

As noted above there are a few tutorials on MIDI on Youtube.

Adding synth plug-ins to an audio FX bin is a very old way of adding synths to a project.

As a rule, this should only be used when the synth operates on audio data (ex. a vocoder).

In normal use, most synths are added using the Add menu mentioned in the link above, dragged from the plug-in browser  and dropped into the project (on empty space in the track view not on a track), using the Insert from the main menu or the synth rack view.

1 hour ago, scook said:

There are several ways to add soft synths to a project.

One method is described in the To create Instrument tracks section on this page

As noted above there are a few tutorials on MIDI on Youtube.

Adding synth plug-ins to an audio FX bin is a very old way of adding synths to a project.

As a rule, this should only be used when the synth operates on audio data (ex. a vocoder).

In normal use, most synths are added using the Add menu mentioned in the link above, dragged from the plug-in browser  and dropped into the project (on empty space in the track view not on a track), using the Insert from the main menu or the synth rack view.

Thank you. I have played a midi track through my chosen guitar synth.