Setting the midi patch

dwf2008

I have a midi project (attached).  Track 3 contains the melody or lead for the song. The original patch for the track 3 was a clean guitar. I want to change it to something with a little more body. So I deleted the set patch event in the event list. I then auditioned several patches by setting them in the arranger dropdown. THis seems to work OK during playback. However if I start the track from the beginning, it reverts to the original plinky guitar. How can I make it stick to the patch I set? AND does anyone know of a way to get a better guitar tone out of any of the built in synths or free VSTs?

Thanks

Every Breath You Take.cwp

In track 3 I notice there are multiple patch change events.  Of course, the patch that will be active is the last patch change event before the first note event

So what you need to do is make sure that last patch change event before the note start is actually the patch you want to use.

To get a better guitar tone, you are probably going to have to spend some coin

I think TTS-1 can output a track to a separate audio track and then use Prochannel EQ on just that track. (I don't use TTS-1 so I am just guessing)

You could use a separate instance of TTS-1 just for track 3 and use EQ on just that instance.  You might also use CC74 and CC71 to change the filter low pass frequency and resonance.  You will just have to experiment until you get the desired tone if possible.

Edited by Promidi

20 minutes ago, Promidi said:

I think TTS-1 can output a track to a separate audio track and then use Prochannel EQ on just that track. (I don't use TTS-1 so I am just guessing)

TTS-1 has 4 audio outputs, and any of the 16 tracks can be routed to any of the 4 outputs.

• Thanks 1