ProChannel modules

Vlad_Muc

Is there a way to buy ProChannel modules from Overloud? I wrote them an email but they told me that due to licensing policy they only can sell the whole VKFX - "mothership" module , which contains all modules but not the single ProChannel modules. 
Since nobody longer produces (except of BOZ) ProChannel modules for some reason and Softube modules are out of order, I would like to buy the delay module from Overloud in order to have at least one delay module for ProChannel. I assume that it still works, since my other modules from Overloud (that I bought few years ago) still work properly.

BTW I do not understand, why a small company like BOZ is able to produce working ProChannel plugins and a big one like Softube not.

Thx in advance!

Thx Nicolas, but this is not answering my question. I am familiar with FX chain but I asked for dedicated ProChannel modules (with ProChannel - user interface) rather than FX Chain, which contains only links to "normal" plugins.

+1 more ProChannel modules please !!!  Would like the limiter.  Delay would also be nice.  When I switch to a new PC I may loose my current ones that are no longer baked in.

Developers take notice.  Money to be made.

3 hours ago, kzmaier said:

Developers take notice.  Money to be made.

A ProChannel Delay from Valhalla would be nice. 

Their interface design approach might scale well enough to make it worth considering...

FWIW, I make this suggestion every time I buy something from them.

• Great Idea 1

Well you can make your own user interface for every plugin. With the already mentioned fx chain modul. It is limited, but you have 6 buttons and 6 rotary knobs that you can assign to parameters. 

I am waiting since sonar times for a FXChain 2.0 with more buttons, knobs and parameter read-outs like compression or loudness meters. With that you could create your own custom interface for plugins, and you do not have to rely on developers to provide a prochannel module. 

Imagine the FXchain 3 times as big as it is now  with 18 rotary knobs, buttons and parameter read-outs. You could mix plugins and create the channelstrip of your dreams. 

pro channel pic.png

Edited by towi0music
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its all about demand. We had a working partnership with Softube when we were selling SONAR. Now that its free perhaps its not such an attractive business justification for them. If enough customers ask for it they may reconsider it.
We do plan on introducing some more prochannel modules in the future but like everything its gated by time :)
I also plan on making a new VST3 prochannel specification to allow VST3 plugins to expose PC functionality (today it is VST2 only)

If any developers are interested in writing custom prochannel modules contact me and I can share the specification.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Its all about demand. We had a working partnership with Softube when we were selling SONAR. Now that its free perhaps its not such an attractive business justification for them. If enough customers ask for it they may reconsider it.
We do plan on introducing some more prochannel modules in the future but like everything its gated by time :)
I also plan on making a new VST3 prochannel specification to allow VST3 plugins to expose PC functionality (today it is VST2 only)

If any developers are interested in writing custom prochannel modules contact me and I can share the specification.

Could you please explain, why BOZ ProChannel plugins still work and Softube's not? Softube still delivers ProChannel plugins as a part of the installation but SONAR crashes as soon as I add one them to the ProChannel? Is this a softube issue or SONAR issue?

Thx a lot!

31 minutes ago, Vlad_Muc said:

Could you please explain, why BOZ ProChannel plugins still work and Softube's not? Softube still delivers ProChannel plugins as a part of the installation but SONAR crashes as soon as I add one them to the ProChannel? Is this a softube issue or SONAR issue?

In April 2020, Softube broke all of their PC modules with update 2.4.96 r287594.

The last working release is 2.4.83.

This is a Softube issue.

2 hours ago, scook said:

In April 2020, Softube broke all of their PC modules with update 2.4.96 r287594.

The last working release is 2.4.83.

This is a Softube issue.

I already tried to download and install Passive/Active pack from the Softube Legacy installers page but they also caused a crash.
Anyway, I would never spend so much money for a plugin which is no longer supported by the manufacturer. Softube plugins are good but not that good that I would buy them without PC support...

It is difficult to say whether Softube support their PC modules or not. My experience with their support has never been that great.

I reported the problem to Softube in April 2020.

Since that time I have received several emails from support with apologies and excuses but no mention of fixes other than to try the current release. When I receive the emails, I report back the results with the release they suggest. To date, all releases newer than 2.4.83 fail the same way.

I do not believe they publish links to 2.4.83. At least, the Passive-Active installer I see is 2.5.13. I could not find 64bit Windows installers in the legacy downloads area. They may still provide the installers on request.

It is hard to recommend Softube products.

@Noel Borthwick

Any help would be appreciated.

When I first encountered the problem I had an exchange with @Jonathan Sasor including dumps.

If you need new dumps I can send them.

AFAIK all their PC modules fail.

I have tested every public release since 2.4.83 and they all fail.

Fortunately, it is possible to use the old versions as PC modules and still have the new releases installed too,

33 minutes ago, scook said:

Fortunately, it is possible to use the old versions as PC modules and still have the new releases installed too,

..if they would be available which is not the case. I asked them for older versions, so they simply sent me a (dead) link to the legacy installer page with 32 bit versions.
And then they instantly closed the ticket. Terrible support.

49 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

I can contact them and ask about it.

I had a conversation with the BOZ - guy few weeks ago and he told me that he is considering developing new PC plugins. 
BOZ might be better option since he is obviously able to develop stable PC plugins.

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2021 at 3:38 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

Es todo acerca de la demanda. Teníamos una asociación de trabajo con Softube cuando vendíamos SONAR. Ahora que su libre quizás su no una justificación de negocio tan atractiva para ellos. Si suficientes clientes lo piden, pueden reconsiderarlo.
Planeamos en introducir algunos módulos más prochannel en el futuro pero como todo su gated por tiempo :)
también planeo en hacer una nueva especificación de prochannel VST3 para permitir que VST3 plugins para exponer funcionalidad de PC (hoy es VST2 sólo)

Si algún desarrollador está interesado en escribir módulos procanal personalizados, póngase en contacto conmigo y puedo compartir la especificación.

Hello, I just want to give a small opinion about the message, first I would like to congratulate you for your new updates, they have really been the best for the moment, and especially for integrating the new CA-2A module.

I think adding future modules is an excellent idea, but I think they first integrate the three missing modules, PC4K S-Type Expander / Gate, PC4K S-Type Channel Compressor and the ProChannel Concrete Limiter. And after integrating the modules.

I think that a great idea would be to incorporate the remaining plug-ins such as the Dimension Pro, Z3TA + 2, L-Phase Series Plug-ins, Rapture Pro. Which I think were or are from the same company.

For the idea of adding new modules I feel that the only thing that would be missing is a Vari-Mu compressor, since there are compressors, VCA as the Compressor Bus, but I feel that the most suitable VCA compressor would be the PC4K S-Type Channel Compressor, with the new module, the CA-2A would be an optical compressor, and the PC76 U-Type Channel Compressor would be the transient compressor. I feel that if they add the vari-mu compressor it would be the first plugin that bandLab does, this action would make the daw more complete. It would adapt very well with the new option that is integrated with BandLab.

And as an idea that I would contribute is that the new modules that you plan to develop, that you will be affiliated with companies that give good free plugins, such as Tokyo dawn, klanghelm, Audio Damage, I could even talk to the same xfer and make a module of the famous OTT There really are many companies that make and have good plug-ins. The idea is that if you implement those free plug-ins as a module, that may discourage Cakewalk users from buying the paid plug-ins that would also be modules. I feel that the ProChannel option has a lot of potential and is a strong point for DAW in the long term.

I know that in the last few years, they have focused on giving Cakewalk stability and I really feel like they are doing a phenomenal job. But I feel that most of the users are asking for new toys or to reincorporate what had to sound, which are fantastic tools. I am really happy about the incorporation of the CA-2A.

I really have many ideas to contribute, and I really like to feel that I have contributed that bit to improve Cakewalk, which is a great DAW, if you want me to contribute more ideas you can count on me. Thank you for taking your time and I send you many blessings.

On 4/10/2021 at 8:09 AM, scook said:

It is difficult to say whether Softube support their PC modules or not. My experience with their support has never been that great.

I reported the problem to Softube in April 2020.

Since that time I have received several emails from support with apologies and excuses but no mention of fixes other than to try the current release. When I receive the emails, I report back the results with the release they suggest. To date, all releases newer than 2.4.83 fail the same way.

I do not believe they publish links to 2.4.83. At least, the Passive-Active installer I see is 2.5.13. I could not find 64bit Windows installers in the legacy downloads area. They may still provide the installers on request.

It is hard to recommend Softube products.

i havent tried them on the latest cake build but i hunted down a version of softube PC modules that do work on previous builds:

was able to get softube prochannel plugs through their legacy installer page:

https://www.softube.com/support/legacy-installers/download

Near the bottom  there are 32/64 bit windows installers for SOFTUBE PLUG-INS CONTROL (2.3.41/2.3.76)