Fart drums - a metal track called “Breaking Wind”:)

projectm

Did anyone get the free samples of Jens Bogren’s ultimate drums on April 1st? Well, they turned out to be fart sounds and a world of rock and metal producers had a good laugh

... while I made this. Enjoy

Edited by projectm
To add title
  • Like 1

Hey KurtS

Thanks for checking it out!

Ha ha, the final fart sound is just there for good meassure. But all the drum sounds are actually fart sounds. I got a little creative with ADSR envelopes, some pitching and dynamic processing, aiming to make them usable as drum sounds. And they turned out quite alright in the mix here. 😅 

I layered the kick-fart with a low sub kick to add a little weight to it, and I added a very muffled crash cymbal to the cymbal-fart to make it sizzle a little more. And I programmed a hi-hat loop in Maschine on some parts to give it some energy. I was surprised how well it all came together with guitars, bass, vocals, blip-blops and stuff. It has a very industrial feel to it. And my aim was to make them usable in a production and not sound funny as I guess one normally would use fart sounds, as an experiment. 😝😇

If anyone is interested, I have made this tear down of the track, from full mix removing elements to where the farts are revealed in their purest form, straight from the Kontakt instrument from Jens Bogren. 

It gets nasty towards the end there so be careful.

And yes, I know it is very childish 😇😝😂