Crash using Amplitube Plugin

@Andres Medina I looked at all your crash dumps.

The Amplitube crash is fully caused by the plugin. Cakewalk is in fact idle when the crash occured.

Unhandled exception at 0x00000000723A6AE3 (AmpliTube 4.vpa) in TyC 0205 Patiamigos v3 1-7_04052021_191813.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xFFFFFFFEDABCC328.

The second file is a crash in the prochannel bus compressor on one of your buses. I'd like to investigate this further, so if you can reproduce this please let me know. 
Its hard to say what caused the crash just by looking at the dump file but the plugin's internal state is corrupted so its possible that heap corruption caused the issue. 

Unhandled exception at 0x00000000471E5CB7 (PCS-BusCM.dll) in TyC 0205 Patiamigos v3 1-6_04052021_171612.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xFFFFFFFE47227160.

All your other dump files in the public.zip are caused by you running with an old automation dll. Are you using an old version of @scook utilities to load the application? Perhaps you have already fixed this since your other dump file doesnt have this issue. If not reinstall Cakewalk since you have a wrong dll there which is going to cause crashes. The dump shows that you have a different version of cw130Auto.dll.

Unhandled exception at 0x000000000DFF0E88 (CW130Auto.dll) in _03202021_103005.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000000.

CW130Auto.dll    CW130Auto.dll    *C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\CW130Auto.dll    N/A    Yes    No matching binary found.        121    26.11.0.99    11/25/2020 11:25 AM    000000000E840000-000000000E88F000    _03202021_102636.dmp        

In the next release the application will validate this on startup and display a warning message.

Thanks Noel! Very helpful.

I'll redirect the Amplitube issue to IK Multimedia then.

---

"The second file is a crash in the prochannel bus compressor on one of your buses. I'd like to investigate this further, so if you can reproduce this please let me know. 
Its hard to say what caused the crash just by looking at the dump file but the plugin's internal state is corrupted so its possible that heap corruption caused the issue. 

Unhandled exception at 0x00000000471E5CB7 (PCS-BusCM.dll) in TyC 0205 Patiamigos v3 1-6_04052021_171612.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xFFFFFFFE47227160."

Ok, I´ll try to reproduce it. If successful, I'll send you the dump file.

--- 

"All your other dump files in the public.zip are caused by you running with an old automation dll. Are you using an old version of @scook utilities to load the application? Perhaps you have already fixed this since your other dump file doesnt have this issue. If not reinstall Cakewalk since you have a wrong dll there which is going to cause crashes. The dump shows that you have a different version of cw130Auto.dll."

Nop, I'm not using scook utilities. My Cakewalk version is the latest: 2021.01 build 098, 64 bit

--- 

Thanks a lot!

• Thanks 1

Please double check that this file is the correct version.
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\CW130Auto.dll

If you check the file properties it should be 27.1.0.98 - i.e the same version as Cakewalk. If not the file was not updated properly and you should rerun the Cakewalk installer.

15 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Please double check that this file is the correct version.
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\CW130Auto.dll

If you check the file properties it should be 27.1.0.98 - i.e the same version as Cakewalk. If not the file was not updated properly and you should rerun the Cakewalk installer.

Thanks! I did check and the file is correct.

Enclosed the image.

screenshot.png

• Thanks 1

Noel, I continue to have crashes, but this time is not Amplitube related.

I'm starting to use remote recording plugins, as Connection Open and Audiomovers.

This time the crash happened when trying to insert a track template with Audiomovers Listento plugin inserted.

Enclosed the screenshot and the dump file.

Thanks!

Screenshot.png

TyC Patiamigos 1-2 Conn Open_04092021_191910.dmp

@Andres Medina Its a crash in our code where its doing something unexpected when loading a track template.
I'll fix it for the new release. Thanks for sending this dump since it allows us to find and fix issues we would not know about otherwise.
Although it happens when loading the Listento receiver the crash is not a plugin fault from what I can see.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Andres Medina Its a crash in our code where its doing something unexpected when loading a track template.
I'll fix it for the new release. Thanks for sending this dump since it allows us to find and fix issues we would not know about otherwise.
Although it happens when loading the Listento receiver the crash is not a plugin fault from what I can see.

Ok, I understand. Thanks!

Glad to help!

@Andres Medina I tried to look for cases where this issue would occur and was not successful. Does this crash only occur with the Listento receiver and is it a reproducible problem? Also I see you are running a behringer audio interface. Did you notice any particularly odd behavior when loading templates with this plugin? We also tired making a template with the plugin and it does not crash.
I've added code to prevent the crash itself but the cause is a mystery.

11 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Andres Medina I tried to look for cases where this issue would occur and was not successful. Does this crash only occur with the Listento receiver and is it a reproducible problem? Also I see you are running a behringer audio interface. Did you notice any particularly odd behavior when loading templates with this plugin? We also tired making a template with the plugin and it does not crash.
I've added code to prevent the crash itself but the cause is a mystery.

Nop... I tried several times, using different templates and inserting the plugin directly on the project and from a track template, and was unable to reproduce the crash. Ugh... 

It's easier when is reproducible, right?

Besides the crash, I have no trouble using the plugin at all.

I'll keep an eye on this, and send a dump if it happens again.

Thanks Noel -

• Thanks 1

Noel, I've got another crash.

This time it seems to be something with Prochannel.

I've got today a mail response from Sean, regarding tha last crash:

"Hello,

Thanks for writing in. The crashes are caused by the PC4K Bus compressor. Could you try replacing that plugin in your project and let us know if this helps?

Thanks,
Sean
 "

May this crash from today has something to do with the compressor again.

Enclosed the crash window and the minidump.

Thanks!

Screenshot.png

TyC 0205 Patiamigos v3 4-1 All Voices_04142021_121321.zip

5 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Its in the bus compressor. Is this reproducible? If so please PM me the project file and steps.

No luck. I tried to reproduce it without success. The crash occurred just once, and the project is kind of complex, with lots of audio and midi clips, and several Virtual Instruments...

I had inserted multiple PC4k compressors in several buses. One of them was sidechained (the reason I use this particular compressor), the others not.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks -