Piano roll view

Is the PRV listed under Views? If so, select it.  If it is greyed out, does your project have either a midi track or an instrument track? 

image.png.373257df2da4b27080050e60574b611c.png       image.png.81822c4b915f2546147f97f14aaec096.png

Edited by User 905133
to add some images

1 hour ago, reginaldStjohn said:

No, probably not.  Have you checked that it is not a minimized floating window? Have you checked that the Multi-dock is open and visible?  What are you doing to open the PVR?  

I can see any window except the piano roll. Look at the top 

PianoRoll2.jpg

11 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Try this:

1. Go to Preferences ->Keyboard Shortcuts and bind a key to "Dock in Multidock"   (use something like the " / " key )
2. Views->Piano Roll View
3. Press the key you've just bound

Restore_PRV.gif

This is cool. Say you have three views in a floating multi dock (console, PRV, and a virtual instrument GUI), is there a way to set a key binding that would cycle through whatever you have in the multi dock, alternating each into focus as you “toggle “ through?

3 hours ago, Billy86 said:

This is cool. Say you have three views in a floating multi dock (console, PRV, and a virtual instrument GUI), is there a way to set a key binding that would cycle through whatever you have in the multi dock, alternating each into focus as you “toggle “ through?

Sort of...  but not with a single key press... and I doubt if that's what you really want in any case.  For example, you may not want your synth rack, video, navigator etc. all moved to the multi-dock.

The window receiving the "Dock in MultiDock" keypress must have focus. So you need to focus them one by one then press the bound key.

Say the key was "/" :

ALT + 2   then "/"    (Console)
ALT + 3   then "/"    (PRV)
ALT + 4   then "/"    (Step Seq.)
ALT + 5   then "/"    ( Matrix )
ALT + 6   then "/"    ( Staff )
ALT + 7   then "/"    ( Loop Construction )
ALT + 8   then "/"    ( Event List )
ALT + 9   then "/"    ( Synth Rack )
ALT + SHIFT + 1   then "/"    ( Lyrics )
ALT + SHIFT + 2   then "/"    ( Video )
ALT + SHIFT + 3   then "/"    ( Big Time )
ALT + SHIFT + 4   then "/"    ( Markers )
ALT + SHIFT + 5   then "/"    ( Tempo )
ALT + SHIFT + 6   then "/"    ( Marker / Key )
ALT + SHIFT + 7   then "/"    ( Sys Ex )
ALT + SHIFT + 8   then "/"    ( Navigator )
ALT + SHIFT + 9   then "/"    ( Surround Panner )

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/8/2021 at 12:49 AM, Jimbo 88 said:

I love this forum...no matter how many hours I have spent inside "Cake", someone always comes along and shows me something really cool

On 4/8/2021 at 1:23 AM, Cactus Music said:

I can’t see being a Cakewalk user and Not regularly reading the forum. I generally pick up one new trick or tip every time. It’s better to learn in small doses anyway. 

I’ll often read a post and if I don’t know the answer (related to techniques or user error) off the top of my head, go to the Reference Guide and look for answers.. That’s why I always encourage folks to RTFM.