Magix Acid 10.5 Upgrade

Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann

$63.20 after EASTER2021 coupon

https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid/acid-pro/?_oB=acid-pro

The way Magix has been doing sales is that instead of reducing the"$79.00 Regularly $199.00" price they add some bonus items. Currently they are are $200 worth of producerplanet (in-app) vouchers and Convology XT. If you aren't particularly interested in these, you can "sweeten the deal" al KVR. The vouchers can be sold for $20 and Convology XT can be sold for $10  (search for recent sales to confirm) potentially bringing the total deal down to $33.20

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann

Warning: Things look pretty confusing right now...

The page says 10.5 is available now however, after purchasing and installing the program shows as 10.0.5. The in-app store is supposed to be the new addition but it doesn't seem to be available (maybe it is in 10.5 which is not 10.0.5 and it is not yet available?). The voucher codes don't work at producerplanet.com or the Magix Music Maker (MMM) in-app store. The voucher value and expiration is also unclear.

Update: I did find the store in 10.05 in the "View" menu, maybe in the end 10.5 = 10.0.5. The store initially errored out when starting up but, after restarting the computer, it worked. The Acid store is different from the MMM store, it has loop collections and it does not have soundpools.

The "ACID In-App-Store Voucher" seem to work with the commercial-license version of Acid (brand) loop collections that are at $19.99. They didn't work with anything else (3rd party items, features, etc.). The registration email included a "Coupon code for an ACID Loop Collection" that I couldn't figure out how to use, every loop collection that I tried resulted in an error message indicating that the coupon wasn't applicable.

Why is Magix not sending terms&conditions and instead forcing customers to guess about the coupons value and applicability is rather mind-boggling...

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann

10.0.5 seems to be the only thing available.  And it won't install on my machine without doing the crazy hack the installer trick I had to come up with last time because their installer uses an invalid test for various Visual Studio C Runtimes.  10.0.5 does seem to try and open some sort of store but it just crashes for me when it goes to open.

• Sad 1