iZotope acquired Exponential Audio - sale

Fleer

1 hour ago, mibby said:

Wow! Except for the iLok, that seems like a really good fit with the Izotope line-up.  I'm wonder if we'll start seeing more of these?

I, for one, wouldn't be surprised if we saw a saw a number of small plugin companies being bought out by by their bigger brethren. 

I need to find out more but it doesn't sound good. I don't use many Izotope products these days but a few of EA's verbs are my go-tos. The few times I contacted support, not for problems but asking general questions about reverb I dealt with Michael directly.

I hope that aspect of customer service remains, it was part of what made his products what they are.

Email from iZotope says

Exponential Audio founder and renowned reverb expert Michael Carnes is joining the iZotope team as a Research Fellow to continue innovating new possibilities for the future of reverb.

Doubt he will be handling front line support, but that isn't a bad thing really.

17 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Email from iZotope says

Doubt he will be handling front line support, but that isn't a bad thing really.

Agreed. Now he can devote time to innovation. Something he undoubtedly would rather do.

1 hour ago, BassDaddy said:

... hard to compete in this "post Waves $29 world".

Weellllll, from the Waves email I got today titled "SHHHHH - 24HR Secret Sale",  the prices are $23!  Curiously, that's just what we can get a $29 plugin from the discounters...  Hmmm.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Did you use the same emails for both EA & Izotope accounts?

yes I think I did otherwise I suspect it would be tricky for them to match them (ilok IDs ?)

a bit more info here:

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/exponential-audio-reverbs/faq.html

won't be part of the product portal (yet?)

looks like you can register with your EA email and access the info that way - I suspect it will be straightforward for izotope to merge or transfer the account so it's all in one.

I'm not seeing any cheaper upgrade to bundle offers but I've got the surround versions and I can't see any upgrades available.  I had good success with izotope support and I suspect they'll cut you a deal if you ask. They've done that for me in the past.

EDIT - there's an account merge request on the support section of the site

Edited by simon
  • Thanks 1

My Focusrite R2 is in my account (even though my email addresses aren't the same, but the iLok is).  I also see a 20% discount coupon but it doesn't seem to work with anything.

Any Exponential Audio product or bundle from PhoenixVerb, R2, or Excalibur
20% off
Use Coupon Code: ---- in cart

An extra 20% and I'd most likely buy the bundle.  May buy it anyway. 🙂  But the coupon code they give doesn't seem valid for any Exponential Audio products I put in the cart.