Latest Win 10 update? Build 19042.867

Pathfinder

So, anyone having issues? I cannot tell yet where the issue is but the last win 10 update, for me, was installed on April 1st, heck of a day to do that!

Just intermittent stuff, like slow app (CW) response, stuff like that.  Definitely new for me. 
Specs are not the greatest but I believe they are solid. Very solid build.

Device name   Asus- Prime Z370-A    Processor          Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz   3.20 GHz

Installed RAM 32.0 GB     GeForce GTX 1650 6GB

System type     64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition  Windows 10 Pro Version   20H2

Installed on     ‎4/‎1/‎2021  OS build 19042.867Experience       Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Curious, I know it could be something else and I wish I could explain it better.

But I have not used CW since the update until tonight

Thanks

:

Hi Pathfinder, MS do have a strange sense of humour for choosing update dates.🙄

I have pretty much the same specs on my DAW ASUS Z370 TUF, 32 GB RAM, i8700 + Asus 2060 GPU + 2x M.2 & 6 SSD's/HD's + a Allen-Heath SQ-5 as audio interface.

OS Buildinfo is identical, so I don´t think it´s the latest Win update that caused this.

Do you experience sluggishness in any other way on the computer?

If you do I think a virus and malware scan might be a good idea + look if any other programs/apps have been updated and possibly added an autostarting service or two, I always try to disable autoupdates in the programs/apps.

Another thing to look at is what driver is used for the network adapter, I know it makes little sense but upgrading to the latest drivers from Intel can make a difference for various programs - including DAW:s. (Another, possibly better way, is off course to disable the network adapter when using the DAW)

Latest Intel network drivers I installed the "wired 26.1_x64" version.
Latest Intel chipset drivers - for some reason Win update don´t always (or rather rarely) install or even suggest to use Intel's latest drivers even though they might be useful for the latest Win update.

Other than the above I´ve done pretty much the tweaks suggested by Pete Brown here + disabled a bunch of services that I don´t need on a dedicated DAW, especially disabling the (at the time new) "Connected Devices" services made the computer feel overall less sluggish.

Good luck and I hope something of the above is useful for the solution.

• Like 1