(Krzystof Komeda's) Rosemary's Baby - Electric Guitar Cover

Hello guys. This is my electric guitar cover of Krzystof Komeda's ''Rosemary's Baby'', soundtrack song of popular Roman Polanski's movie.

It was fully created by me, i did physically record, and after that i edited and mixed the guitars, and i recorded the piano  as a virtual instrument.

All these, of course via Cakewalk. It is my first full creation.

I hope you will like it. Thanks in advance.

Edited by jeandoumpier

I haven't seen the movie or heard of this soundtrack piece before, it's pretty neat! I realize the tuning in spots is intentionally sacrificed for creepy effect - but the guitar panned left was a bit flat I think - 1:16 as an example. I really don't know if it matters, might be something to check if it's not your dissonant intention.

A cool listen, thanks!

cheers,

-Tom

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

Thanks a lot man. What do you mean ''click track''? I am new to Cakewalk and music recording etc hehe. I've known the basics until now.

8 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

First of all, if you haven't seen the movie and you like classic horror films, then that is one of best movies out there. A masterpiece, in my opinion.

Now, about the effect - to be honest - i didn't have the purpose to use that specific pitch/fill pedal effect (that makes this dirty strange sound), but when i listened to that, i believed it was the right effect, because it makes the solo a little much ''horrorist'' , like the movie plot etc. In my mind, at least - that was my thought. Of course, it could be cleaner etc, but that's what i did choose. By the way, there is not much gain picked at the amp sim, only the drive pedal gives some - but the pitch does the job.

I have one question guys about output volume. Do you suggest leaving Master volume set at 0, or less at -5db, -10db etc? Do you think my main guitar solo is over-volumed or it's ok? I've left it at 0db, and the rest guitars (clean sounded) are at -9db.  Maybe it would be better to have the main solo for example at -6db and all the other sound some db below? 

So, my main question is which is the best max volume peak you suggest for master volume and buses etc?

P.S. I edited the song and re-uploaded on youtube (and updated the link above), with lower volume levels. To my ears it was too loud, especially the main solo and i adjusted the max peak at -5db, but finally the master volume peaks at -14db. I think it's ok. You can listen the lower volume edition now. Thanks.

Edited by jeandoumpier

4 hours ago, jack c. said:

nice recording job.guitar needs some tuning.at 157-159 there is a chord that doesn't fit and the instrument after that needs more tuning.i like the rest.jack c.

Thanks, i think i corrected that to my audio file, but i won't upload the corrected again (because i've already did it before for volume decrease) - so i will leave the previous version on youtube. On that version (my link above) how do you see my master volume level? It's ok? I don't think it needs to be more loud, am i right?

Edited by jeandoumpier