no metronome sound

This seems to be an ongoing issue with folks. I've tried restart/control/shift = no metronome . I've looked to see if the met samples are in the Cakewalk core folder ...yes they are. 

Output set to metronome bus = no sound. Output set to master bus = no sound.    Using ASIO because the focusrite sounds like garbage unless I do. 

Any thoughts?   Thanks!  

4 minutes ago, Ukulele Steve G said:

I've tried restart/control/shift = no metronome .

Of these, holding down the SHIFT key while starting the DAW (as opposed to starting a project) is most often recommended when the "First Beat" and "Other Beats" drop downs in the audio metronome section in preferences are empty. Holding down SHIFT while starting the DAW restores files missing from the user directory "%appdata%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core".  Holding down CTRL while starting the DAW initializes the user directory by overwriting all the files and resets a few registry entries.

The audio files used by the metronome in CbB are read from "%appdata%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\Metronome".

The only other relevant settings are the checkboxes for playback and recording on the same preference page.

The audio metronome may be routed to a bus in the DAW (all supplied templates provide a metronome bus) or directly to the hardware using the output drop down in the audio metronome section of preferences.