When will there be modular plugin management in CbB?

lychee

Hello.

I recently became a user of the Reason environment, and I use the Rack under Cakewalk.

That's how I discovered the power of a modular interface that creates interactions between different plugins.

I know that there are this kind of interfaces in several DAWs, like Bitwig, Ableton Live, FL Studio ... but it is lacking in Cakewalk, or in a less extensive way.

Patcher.thumb.png.8ee65e7a2cf689fd4da4e85f35d341a8.png

I thought it would be cool to evolve Cakewalk's FX Chain in this direction and allow it to accommodate instruments, midi plugins ... to create more complex things.

Yes, I already have the Reason Rack and I know that there are alternatives (VST host), but Rack only takes compatible plugins and it's always better to have something integrated into your sequencer.

If the developers hear me, what do you think of my idea?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I agreed with this. That will be very cool if Cakewalk can implemented this Rack features right in the box, and of course with the support of third-party plugins, because that will expand the possibilities Cakewalk can made than just have rack with only limited native plugin support.