Export to MP3 Problem

Mo Jonez

Question

Related to Cakewalk X2... I've been exporting to MP3 for a while w no issues.  But will only export about half of one of my projects, ends halfway through the song.  All of the tracks are exported but only half the song time span - i.e. 1.5 min of a 3 minute song.  On DAW it shows the entire export process being completed with the progress bar going to the end and the export finishing, but the resulting MP3 file only has half the song.  Probably something simple, but can;t seem to figure it out or find it on the forum.  Thanks friends! 

Update: Problem solved, seems tied to frozen synths, when unfrozen whole song gets exported. Guess the mix down process on exports bangs up against the synth freeze which is essentially a mix down.

Edited by Squonk
Found a solution

2 answers to this question

Hello - Just a thought:

I have exported MP3s with frozen tracks.  I think that I only select the track that has the audio on it (not the synth/midi).  Perhaps the hangup/failure is that the export is trying to refreeze the track and this causes a hangup in the process . . .   IDK  if this is true - like I said, just a thought . . .

Syphus