Tempo Changes

Francois Faber

Question

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, so, Hey!

I recently started using cakewalk to record my compositions with live instruments (guitar and bass. The drums are still MIDI for now).

I'm looking for some help: in Ableton Live (Lite), I could easily change the tempo for ONLY a short part of a riff (an intro at 180 bpm (on aits own track), while the rest is at 150 bpm). In Ableton, I hit the 'automate' button, select tempo and change it. Simple and easy. But I can't figure out how to do the same in Cakewalk. I have searched for info but, honestly, I'm not getting it.  What I tried doesn't affect the track's bpm at all. I'm lost.

I would really appreciate any help on exactly how to do this...

Thanks in advance for any input!

4 answers to this question

Hey, thanks for the replies:

@msmcleod: thanks, I see that I was indeed doing what the cip shows. I just wasn't getting the effect of the tempo change on my track. And I figured out why: what I should have mentioned is, I'm dragging and dropping the track from ableton. I just thought it would be simple  just add the track and fiddle with it just to learn how to do the tempo change, but what happens is the audio gets stretched so it keeps its imbedded (I guess) tempo (which is 150 bpm). So it plays at the same speed.

I'm just gonna re-record it now, that's what I was going to do anyway.

Thanks for the help!