Assistant confused? Can't find or install Melodyne.

User Zero

Hi All,

Just installed CW by BL via the Assistant on a new Win10 system. Can't find Melodyne.

There's no directory for it under Program Files, etc., and the various app listings don't show it (see linked gif).

Assistant doesn't provide the option to install it - apparently thinks it's installed.

Also - how do I get apps and features like the Instruments to install somewhere other than C:? The installer(s) launched by Assistant don't provide an option to specify.

TIA

https://imgur.com/lPUfnhS

2 hours ago, Craig Anderton said:

Hit the down arrow next to the update button ...

Thanks Craig, but as I tried to show in the linked image, when I open the "Install Add-ons..." window, all of the plug-ins are already checked (as if they've all been installed) and the Install button is disabled, unlike what's shown in your screenshot.

cheers,

r

In the OP BA shows all the Add-ons were installed at one time.

Is is possible the original install was wiped off the disk and the registry was not cleaned?

Here is a reply to a similar situation

IIRC, the first install of CbB prompts for an install location as long as no other Cakewalk (the old company) DAW is already installed.

Subsequent installs use the information stored in the registry,

It seems like there were multiple install attempts?

There are clean install instructions here. A clean install causes BA and CbB to act as if this is the initial install.

Be aware step 8 removes the default VST folder. If this contains 3rd party plug-ins it may be a good idea to temporarily move "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins" and restore it later to recover the 3rd party plug-ins. 

1 hour ago, scook said:

In the OP BA shows all the Add-ons were installed at one time.

Is is possible the original install was wiped off the disk and the registry was not cleaned?

Sorry, I missed seeing the link for the image. Too many windows open at once...

Do you think simply doing an uninstall via the control panel's Apps & Features might be enough? Then the VST folder thig wouldn't be an issue.

1 minute ago, Craig Anderton said:

Do you think simply doing an uninstall via the control panel's Apps & Features might be enough?

No, a simple uninstall does remove registry entries.

The OP needs to either directly edit the BA registry entries (the thread I linked above)

or

perform a clean install, the link to the support page in my post above.

The latter handles both the BA Add-ins install issue and the initial CbB install prompts. Of course, a clean install will affect all previous Cakewalk installs too. It is not limited to CbB.

Thanks, Folks. I'll give this all a look.

I'm frankly not sure what Assistant did here. I kicked off the install and stepped away for a moment. When I came back it appeared to be done. 

cheers,

r

UPDATE: Registry edit was quick, and worked fine. Thanks again!

Edited by User Zero