Midi Drums

Ged

Hi. I'm new to Cakewalk by Bandlab and have been looking at Studio Instruments Drums. There isn't a channels mixer in SI Drums to enable output of each drum sound to individual tracks? I'm planning on mainly using clips but would still like to be able to separate out and tweak individual drum tracks without mountains of cutting and pasting. Does anyone know of an easy work around to do this?

Yes, I've noticed EZ Drummer 2 (looks great!) and similar software, but would rather not be shelling out £100 plus at this stage of the learning process...

Cheers

The only way with SI-Drums is either run multiple instances of the synth or mute and bounce  each instrument to its own lane or track.

If you prefer to put all the MIDI data in one track - a drum map can drive multiple synths so, it is possible to have a single MIDI track routed by instrument to its own instance of SI-Drums.

Hey @Ged... Just in case you didn't know, there are some really good, totally free drum VSTs available. Steven Slate 5 has a free version and Sennheiser has DrumMic'a. All you have to do is register on the site(s) and download them.

Both are very high quality and have a ton of features and flexibility (including multiple outs). They're single sets, but because there are so many adjustable parameters, you can get a lot of different sounds out of them. You'll need a few GB of hard drive space... they're pretty big.

That looks promising. I'll experiment with the multiple synths route and mute and bounce. I didn't know about the free drum VSTs either, so I'll check them out too.

Thanks for those suggestions, much appreciate your help.