AAS Ultra Analog VA-3 upgrade from session

Mark B

5 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

is it worth it? i like the sound of session a lot. i just aleady have a lot of VST synths.

For me it was a worthwhile upgrade from v2 simply for the ability to layer the sounds, so based on that I would say it has to be a good upgrade from session version. I have never installed a session version though, so no idea how crippled they are compared to the full one. AAS version sit alongside each other rather than overwrite, so why not get the demo and see for yourself ? AAS demos are fully functional for 15days IIRC.

• Great Idea 1

I have the v3's of Ultra Analog and Chromaphone. The new v3 GUI is awesome for both, and the dual engine 'Layer A'/'Layer B' for the new AAS synths truly rocks with more complex sounds made possible!!!

They have remastered the Chromaphone v2 factory presets for use in v3, plus added a new new factory presets library for v3 to Ultra Analog and Chromaphone.

Not implying here that they added Layer B to the former presets, as that feature only appears to be used in the new v3 factory presets.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Applied Acoustics Ultra Analog VA-3 Upgrade from Ultra Analog Session $199 $49

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/virtual-instruments/applied-acoustics-ultra-analog-va-3-upgrade-ultra-analog-session

Free with purchase - Applied Acoustics Ultra Analog Session

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/virtual-instruments/applied-acoustics-ultra-analog-session

So buy anything, get Session for free, then upgrade to VA-3. Simple!

Or could you actually just buy the upgrade first, to get the free Session that you need to upgrade from? Hmmm...

Edited by abacab

For anyone interested in upgrading from Ultra Analog Session to Ultra Analog VA-3, according to an e-mail I received, today is last day (April 7th, 2021) for the current sale on a number of items at AudioDeluxe, but as Mark B pointed out, the VA-3 sale (see original post) continues.  

2021-04-09: It's still there. 🙂

Edited by User 905133
to update information

10 minutes ago, Mark B said:

Where did you read that k couldn't find any mention of it being last day ?

Says last day for lounge l

Maybe its not the last day. If not, sorry.  I just followed the links in the "last day" e-mail. The specific page for the VA-3 just says "Exclusive Limited Time Offer." If it still works tomorrow, I will revise my posts.  Thanks for calling this to my attention.

Edited by User 905133

No need to be sorry just wondered where came from and thanks for pointing out

I was considering but hadn't made a decision and didn't knoq today potentially last day maybe I'd better make my mind up

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/virtual-instruments/applied-acoustics-ultra-analog-va-3-upgrade-ultra-analog-session

Its back!! Plus it looks like there's now a MAY2021 discount

UPDATE: See post below re: "up to a 15% discount" not including VA-3.  Thanks,  @abacab for the clarification. 

Edited by User 905133
to edit the post based on new info about the sale.

12 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Jump on it quick! $49 is a great price!

But this deal appears to be excluded from the 'May2021' discount code. It's still a great deal anyway! :)

Edited by abacab