I Can't Stop Missing You

Glenn Stanton

. . . so, you're missing your dog ? . . . the gal in the picture is obviously not your dog. I like this, nice clean and simple recording, very bluesy likeable and easy to listen to, what I hear is very John Lennon, if he were here today.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 12:39 PM, Glenn Stanton said:

new outro theme for dogs gone to heaven movie

his is how i feel about me cat louie.died last year.some voice notes are off.i would sing the song again and mix both voices as one.jack c.

• Like 1

sorry for your loss. it's actually only 5 tracks - drums, bass, guitar, keyboard, and vocal. so no doubled parts, maybe it's the constantly shifting tempo and some flanger (guitar) and chorus (bass) causing the pitchy bits (not discounting my singing of course!)

yeah, it is a bit sloppy in parts. mostly because i started out testing the tempo mapping by dragging the guitar (played without click or other parts) onto the tempo bar, then adding a midi drum pattern and playing the other bits.

On 4/1/2021 at 9:06 PM, noynekker said:

. . . so, you're missing your dog ? . . . the gal in the picture is obviously not your dog. I like this, nice clean and simple recording, very bluesy likeable and easy to listen to, what I hear is very John Lennon, if he were here today.

What noynekker said. but it kind of reminds me of an early punk song. cool song👍

• Like 1

Some different interpretations as to what this song sounds like and yet I'll add another.  To me the melody sound like an early 1960's song as done maybe in the style of the Mekons.   I liked their early stuff especially "Where Were You?"  I really like the minimalist nature of this song!

• Like 1