Crashing - Sample Rate and Buffer change

I seem to be having a problem with the SAMPLE RATE and the BUFFER SIZE.  All of a sudden I will start to get noise, and I see that the SAMPLE RATE and BUFFER SIZE have changed.  I can sometimes adjust it back to where it was, but a lot of times it ends up with my computer crashing with the blue screen of death.

I believe the project sample rate is set to 48khz, and buffer is 1024.  Things go bad when it switches by itself to another setting i.e. 256 buffer, and the sample rate changes to something else.  I am using a Presonus Firestudio Tube.  it using a universal control to set the sample rate and the buffer size.

I don't know, maybe my presonus is going bad or maybe just me.  If anyone can give me input on this it is much appreciated.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Frank DeFede said:

I seem to be having a problem with the SAMPLE RATE and the BUFFER SIZE.  All of a sudden I will start to get noise, and I see that the SAMPLE RATE and BUFFER SIZE have changed.  I can sometimes adjust it back to where it was, but a lot of times it ends up with my computer crashing with the blue screen of death.

I believe the project sample rate is set to 48khz, and buffer is 1024.  Things go bad when it switches by itself to another setting i.e. 256 buffer, and the sample rate changes to something else.  I am using a Presonus Firestudio Tube.  it using a universal control to set the sample rate and the buffer size.

I don't know, maybe my presonus is going bad or maybe just me.  If anyone can give me input on this it is much appreciated.

Thank you!

If the sample rate is getting flipped while you're in the app, I'm guessing something else is trying to access the driver while you're using it in Cakewalk. Make sure you're running in ASIO, check what your default audio device in Windows is and what the sample rate is set there if you're using the PreSonus for Windows playback too.