Battle of Palmito Ranch

bats brew

https://soundcloud.com/bats-brew/battle-of-palmito-ranch

Battle of Palmito Ranch: also known as the battle of palmito hill, it was the final battle of the American civil war. It is a bittersweet story, since the confederate forces had already surrendered the war, but no one at Palmito Ranch knew that. An unnecessary battle, this song memorializes the end of an ugly chapter of American history.

from the new Bats Brew album "Elemental", you can get it here:
batsbrew.bandcamp.com/

• Like 2

On 4/3/2021 at 1:30 AM, Wookiee said:

Suitable epic sounding for a tragic event that should obviously never have happened. 😐

HI WOOKIEE!

yep, this one was designed to have that bittersweet melody that mirrored the last 'official' battle..

i'm sure there were many more, skirmishes here and there, and yea, it was sad that it had to come to that,

but it had to.

i replaced the drums on this one, since i finished the album..

in fact, i'm so enamored with the new kit i got, i'm replacing ALL the kits in all the songs, 

slightly remixing them all to suit the new kit and room sounds, and will post all the updated files on BANDCAMP.

i also plan on putting a link together of all the new remixes, and send that link to anyone that bought the album so they can have the updated mixes.

wish there was an easier way, but this is where i am right now.

at least i can do that.

i would think folks would want the high def files, but i guess many either want mp3's, or redbook ready 16 bit files that can be burned directly to cd.

i can output any file, i just don't know quite what my targets should be.

either way, thanks so much for listening

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 6:47 AM, jack c. said:

nice textures going on here.great guitar stuff.jack c.

hi jack! thanks for listening to this one,

yea, the textures of sound in this song, were a design criteria from the beginning...

how do you capture the grime, dust, blood, tears, of a long ago war, with some electric gutiars?!

heheh

this one is my personal favorite of the songs on the album,

it really nailed the vibe i was after.