Which EQ Should I Use?

Blades

I am starting a new series on this topic on my YouTube channel.  If you are interested in this, have input and want to suggest some items to cover, or just want to follow along, my Blog post for the Intro to the topic is here:

htttps://www.blades.technology/music/daws-sonar-and-studio-one/which-eq-should-i-use

And the direct link to the YouTube Video is here:

Edited by Blades
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gswitz said:

Any eq you like.

How do you know you like it? And why? Right! You must've had some experience using it and got at least a general idea how this EQ is different from others.

11 minutes ago, Gswitz said:

Just play until you get a sound you like.

It can easily take weeks or months. No one's willing to spend this much time on each track. 

That's why we all need tutorials and howtos on basic to advanced sound processing.

• Like 2

@Soundwise I did a follow-up on this, but I didn't post it here because it's specifically about the Presonus ProEQ2 - fairly similar to the QuadCurve in Cakewalk, I suppose, though the Cakewalk one has some emulation factor to it with its different curve responses (though there's more to emulation than that and I don't think QC has that), where the PreSonus one is purely a graphical parametric EQ.  I wonder if there would be any value in doing one about the QuadCurve separately.

If you are interested, it's here: 

https://youtu.be/ewP97liHClw

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1