Correct timing

AndreV

Hello everybody,

I have a recording that was recorded without metronome, which I would like to give a single BPM number. I created a Tempomap and wanted to use the function "Clip follows project" to get Audiosnap to unify the tempo. This works well for the clips that start with the project. But I also have clips that start in the middle of it and then they are no longer in sync with the rest.

What can I do?

Yes it’s best to have solid clips that start a zero when using Clip Follows Project.  You can bounce to track, flatten comp, or bounce to clip if it starts at zero (slip edit to start at zero prior to bounce to clip. Or bounce to clip with your edits in place, then slip edit to start at zero and bounce to clip again to keep silence where you wanted it)

Clip Follows Project should follow properly now.  I always save the project as ‘Project Name’ - Original Tempo Map once I’ve mapped the song just in case something goes wrong or is needed later.  Then save as ‘Project Name’ - New Tempo after changing the tempo. You can actually copy and paste all or parts of tempo maps from one song to another.  I’ve used it to map 3 versions of a song then paste 1 of them back to have all 3 follow the map of choice.

Peace!

Edited by Blogospherianman

you really need to start at 101.00 for Clip follows project to work correctly. You don't need to bounce the clips all to one clip (though I personally would) Just grab all the clips and drag them back to 101.00. Once complete with Clip follows project you can grab those clips with Ripple editing and move them back into place when ever you have them.

1 hour ago, Chuck E Baby said:

you really need to start at 101.00 for Clip follows project to work correctly. You don't need to bounce the clips all to one clip (though I personally would)

Not sure why you want or need to move the clips to 101, you certainly don’t need to.  It can work correctly regardless of the measure you’re on.  When you’ve already got the song mapped and just want to even the map in places or as a whole,  it’s simple enough to Enable Audio Snap and make your creative changes via the tempo map or the other various ways to change the tempo.  No sense in making more work than necessary. 

Also, it’s not always needed to bounce the clips to 1 clip per track that start at zero, but I personally find this method results in success 99.99% of the time.   I know everyone has  their  work arounds and alternate methods of stretching. I also use various ways and methods of stretching  myself just for fun and to keep it interesting.  

As far as Audio Snap goes, it’s a Super Powerful tool that still amazes me, and clients as well.  I appreciate what it brings to the table.  It’s an essential part of my workflow.

Peace