Sample Rate & Buffer changes

Frank DeFede

I a using a presonus Firestudio Tube.  It has a universal control where I can set the Sample Rate, and the Buffer Size. 

I have been having problems with my Cakewalk projects.  The universal control is set to 1024 , and the buffer was either 48 or 44.1 not sure which it was, but I will go to play, and I get a bunch of noise.  I noticed that the Buffer size has changed by itself to  a much lower number like 256 buffer size, and maybe 96.0 KHZ.

Any ideas are much appreciated.  It doesn't happen all of the time.  It does enough to be a problem especially if I leave the computer for a while and come back

Thank you

Edited by Frank DeFede

The subject "Sample Rate & Buffer changes" does not match the body of the post.

4 minutes ago, Frank DeFede said:

Is there a way to redraw the wave files on the timeline.  I have been crashing lately, and even though I had saved the project, when it crashes the clips I had been working on come up with a single line when I reopen the project.   I did find out that I can change the gain and the the wave form is redrawn, but sometimes I had used Melodyne and then I have to remove it first, do the change in gain, and then have to redo Melodyne which is pain.

Just wondering if anyone knows a way to get those waveforms redrawn without changing the level.

Thank You!

The body was answered here

3 minutes ago, scook said:

The subject "Sample Rate & Buffer changes" does not match the body of the post.

The body was answered here

Sorry my friend.  I don't know why that body of text came back up.  I had to delete it now to write the post I wanted.  Thank you for your help.  I now need to see if I can find out about the sample rate and buffer changes  problem I am having.