Plugin Alliance Mega Sale (until Apr 3)

mibby

4 hours ago, Soundwise said:

Normally I record clean signal for further reamping, so in this case my chain is: Guitar->Tube DI-box->AI->DAW.

Here's a recent example I quickly put together while demoing S1V (random noodling over some weird chords, so bare with my playing):

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/SOLm1GR5ewSxFQ

Let me know if you want my preset for E765RT.

Thanks for the info.
AI?  (it's early here maybe my coffee hasn't kicked yet)

After playing around with the E765RT I concluded that for around $9 (with the discount coupon) it was a no-brainer purchase and picked it up.
I listened to your audio clip and I like the guitar tones that your getting.

4 minutes ago, scook said:

audio interface

Makes sense.
For some reason I was thinking that the Tube DI was the AI.
Need a 2nd cup of coffee to unplug the Fuzz pedal that's still connected to my mental circuits...

Edited by TheSteven

EXTENDED, but no additional use of the voucher.  ☹️

Our Biggest Sale of the Year Extended until April 6th!

MEGA-SALE-20OFF
(No Minimum Spend!)

Use voucher during checkout – Code can only be used 1x (once)
All offers end April 6, 11:59 PM California Time

23 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

EXTENDED, but no additional use of the voucher.  ☹️

Our Biggest Sale of the Year Extended until April 6th!

MEGA-SALE-20OFF
(No Minimum Spend!)

Use voucher during checkout – Code can only be used 1x (once)
All offers end April 6, 11:59 PM California Time

Will see, that seems to open the door for another potential reset before the end.

• Like 3

So I guess the unlimited use of the voucher was a glitch then? Based on their 'official' emails and what's been posted elsewhere it seems that's the most likely scenario, unless someone has better info.

Kind of made me feel bad for them, as I grabbed a bunch of stuff. Then again, I wouldn't have paid more than $20 (total) for the "freebies" I got (and I didn't already have), which is a fraction of what I've spent on their plugins. I also bought two $29.99 plugins using the voucher, so they did get something out of me this time as well.  

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, kevin H said:

Is it bad I have to check my PA account first if I own plugins on sale because I can’t remember if I do or don’t before I use coupon?   :)

I do this too; but keep forgetting it might give a warning in the cart if you already have licenses (will let you buy an additional set if you want, I imagine if you're running a multi-user studio)

7 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Thanks for the info.
AI?  (it's early here maybe my coffee hasn't kicked yet)

After playing around with the E765RT I concluded that for around $9 (with the discount coupon) it was a no-brainer purchase and picked it up.
I listened to your audio clip and I like the guitar tones that your getting.

Three tones: Clean, Crunch and Lead in one preset. Use A, B and C buttons to switch settings.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfph6kmfvojiruw/SW CleanCrunchLead.vstpreset?dl=0

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zo said:

Can recall who told me this was a superb flanger , Ol Pal , Larry or Bapu , but i went for the ada flanger , what a beauty !

What do you use it for, Zo? To my ears it sounds like a poorly designed or even a damaged circuit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Zo said:

Can recall who told me this was a superb flanger , Ol Pal , Larry or Bapu , but i went for the ada flanger , what a beauty !

Got it too. Love it mixed in at low % on acoustic/semi-acoustic  guitars. 

9 hours ago, Soundwise said:

What do you use it for, Zo? To my ears it sounds like a poorly designed or even a damaged circuit.

what year ? the 1971 sounds crappy to me but the modern one sounds great , but i don't use it on guitar , but from pianos / keys / pads ect  to even drums ...  notice , it's for lofi and ambient type of stuff ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/4/2021 at 5:33 AM, chris.r said:

Presets are there, you have to pull them from VST3 drop down and navigate to the right folder on your disk, as scook says. Very inconvenient, we're basically left out without any preset manager for PA VST3 :(!

The only way I could get the VST3 presets to automatically come up in Studio One (in Windows), was to grab the entire Plugin Alliance preset folder and drag it to "user-(name)-appdata-roaming- vst3presets". After doing that I hit refresh presets in S1, and all was good.