Plugin Alliance Mega Sale (until Apr 3)

mibby

4 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

SPL De-Verb Plus, you are now mine.

If you don't mind - can you post your opinion of the De-verb ?  I've been thinking about it for awhile. I would likely use it on a couple of pre-existing tracks, and my system is already a bit too plug heavy.

Demo it, only way to really tell how well it'll work on your particular tracks.
SPL De-Verb Plus is a tweaked transient shaper and it really only works on solo instrument track ie won't de-verb a guitar in a mix.
There are plugins (for example from Zynaptiq) that can take de-verbing to a level beyond what transient shapers can deliver but they aren't cheap.

Edited by TheSteven

BTW if you're plugin heavy - you probably already a have transient shaper or 3...
Most can both accent attack and/or cut down on ambience.
The SPL plugins have broken this transient shaper ability down in to 2 separate plugins so that you can pay for each function separately.

26 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

BTW if you're plugin heavy - you probably already a have transient shaper or 3...
Most can both accent attack and/or cut down on ambience.
The SPL plugins have broken this transient shaper ability down in to 2 separate plugins so that you can pay for each function separately.

100% agree on the notion of demoing the SPL one.

I will say on many Transient designers you will end up killing the tone by trying to de-verb a source in ways the SPL in some scenarios won't.

I think the Sonible's Proximity EQ is a good tool for de-verb with more control. 

And of course Zynaptiq is next level stuff.  

Edited by Brian Walton

On another Plugin Alliance subject altogether - the presets don't work on any of the VST3 versions, the presets on VST2 versions work fine.

Edit:
updated images for clarity.
Note that correct way to access VST3 presets in my follow up post lower↓

Edited by TheSteven
removed images to free up cache space
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, filo said:

@TheStevenDid you try to expand preset combobox? Here is my VST3 instance from Reaper:

image.thumb.png.af4e7ffa98f1ad3bb1109ffcf4e77087.png

Yes, in Cakewalk  I tried many different PA VST3s and all the ones I tried had the same issue.
Haven't had time to check other DAWs.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

Like some other developers with roots in making UAD plug-ins PA does not provide a preset manager in their plug-ins. AFAIK, Unfiltered Audio is the only line the offers built -in preset managers.

Instead they rely on the plug-in host for preset management.

Maybe one day the rest will have built-in preset managers.

The Cakewalk preset manager handles DX and VST but not VST3.

The  VST3 drop down to the right of the preset manager can load VST3 presets. 

Unfortunately, the way paths are handled in this drop down can make working with VST3 presets difficult.

PA VST3 presets are stored in your Documents\VST3 Presets\Plugin Alliance folder

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, TheSteven said:

And at least in my case, they have failed entirely. Double-shot $20 voucher+already owning all the UfA licenses I want=digging around in the bargain bin. Next sale I'll probably pick up Mo-Verb so as to have the set handy.

I haven't tried it yet, but I do realize that it's more transient shaper than something like proximity eq+. I like transient shapers, especially for salvage work. You know, those times when my TARDIS won't let me go back and record the material over again with better equipment or mic placement. If I were to encounter myself in my own time stream, it might do irreparable damage to reality, and an impromptu jam session that turned into everyone playing way above their abilities isn't worth risking existence itself.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 7:57 PM, TheSteven said:

It's not bad but it's not hitting that wow threshold for me.
What's (if you don't mind me asking) is your signal chain setup?

Normally I record clean signal for further reamping, so in this case my chain is: Guitar->Tube DI-box->AI->DAW.

Here's a recent example I quickly put together while demoing S1V (random noodling over some weird chords, so bear with my playing):

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/SOLm1GR5ewSxFQ

Let me know if you want my preset for E765RT.

Edited by Soundwise
typo
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheSteven said:

On another Plugin Alliance subject altogether - the presets don't work on any of the VST3 versions, the presets on VST2 versions work fine.

The same thing in the studio one 5.

7 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Presets are there, you have to pull them from VST3 drop down and navigate to the right folder on your disk, as scook says. Very inconvenient, we're basically left out without any preset manager for PA VST3 :(!

Edited by chris.r