Plugin Alliance Mega Sale (until Apr 3)

mibby

23 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

most of us have any "needs" well covered, but these deals make it so that added another tool in the box is fun.

I'm not spending another penny on compressors, EQ's, limiters, gates, reverbs, saturators or channel strips.  I'm very happy with what I have in those categories.

On the other hand, those one-of-a-kind FX that open a whole new set of sonic possibilities, I'll never stop acquiring those when the prices get low enough.

So: if I didn't own them already, I'd be all over the Unfiltered Audio stuff that's now on sale at PA. G8 is hands-down the best all-purpose gate I've seen (Boz Gatey Watey is the best specialized one), with a very useful display of what exactly is getting gated. The Sandman Pro bundle with Instant Delay is so so good for creating those ear-tickling syncopated stereo delays with a season of the glitch. $14.99 is way too cheap. BYOME gives you so much in configurable modules, you can pretty much roll up versions of the rest of their stuff. It has a slew of factory patches by Glitchmachines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I'm not spending another penny on compressors, EQ's, limiters, gates, reverbs, saturators or channel strips.  I'm very happy with what I have in those categories.

On the other hand, those one-of-a-kind FX that open a whole new set of sonic possibilities, I'll never stop acquiring those when the prices get low enough.

So: if I didn't own them already, I'd be all over the Unfiltered Audio stuff that's now on sale at PA. G8 is hands-down the best all-purpose gate I've seen (Boz Gatey Watey is the best specialized one), with a very useful display of what exactly is getting gated. The Sandman Pro bundle with Instant Delay is so so good for creating those ear-tickling syncopated stereo delays with a season of the glitch. $14.99 is way too cheap. BYOME gives you so much in configurable modules, you can pretty much roll up versions of the rest of their stuff. It has a slew of factory patches by Glitchmachines.

I haven't upgraded the G8 (they have a less feature rich version free with Computer Music Magazine) that has been my go-to for years....and don't have to deal with 3 machine authorization limitations.

I've got Sandman Pro and BYOME but need to spend with them.  

Haven't tried SpecOps yet, but seems interesting too.

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

I haven't upgraded the G8 (they have a less feature rich version free with Computer Music Magazine) that has been my go-to for years....and don't have to deal with 3 machine authorization limitations.

I've got Sandman Pro and BYOME but need to spend with them.  

Haven't tried SpecOps yet, but seems interesting too.

G8CM was also my go-to, and the first time it went on sale for $29, I jumped on the "full" version. Truth be told, I haven't made that much use of the extra features in G8 (if it could do the Gatey Watey thing, it would be the only gate I need), but I thought it was such a great tool that I wanted to check it out, and I also wanted to give them some money. My love for (and investment in) Unfiltered Audio products is testimony to the value in companies' doing these giveaways. My favorite plug-in houses, the ones I've spent the most money on, Meldaproduction, Glitchmachines, and Unfiltered Audio, are all ones I was introduced to via their freebies. I found them so useful that it created enthusiasm as well as trust that I'd get my money's worth. After all, if the freebies are so useful, the paid versions must be amazing, and they are.

With the Sandman Pro bundle, don't neglect Instant Delay. For me, plug-ins like Sandman Pro are so deep, with so many functions and options, that having a version that's a subset can help introduce me to those features, and also help prevent falling down a rabbit hole. There are times when I just want a bit of ear-tickling stereo ping-pong delay, and Instant Delay does that quickly without introducing too many possibilities.

BYOME is a world unto itself. It's like their version of MXXX, where the developer throws in everything they have. It's intimidating, the kind of thing I'd never get all the way to the bottom of.

I passed on SpecOps last time around, but for, effectively, $9, why not. It's true, when I get blocked creatively, I turn to these plug-ins and inevitably, something interesting happens. I have these projects with names like "BYOME test" or "Convex test" that are jumping off points. I put a couple of evocative chord changes (gotta add them 7ths for emotional resonance 😁)  into Piano Roll, fire up Sandman Pro and start going through presets.

5 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

My stance is I will never, ever, ever, buy another compressor, or EQ, or reverb.  Grrr, until Larry...

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, lawajava said:

My stance is I will never, ever, ever, buy another compressor, or EQ, or reverb.  Grrr, until Larry...

Yah, I too have bought a couple of Grrr's

This forum is electronic crack...😵
No matter my resolve it keeps cracking open my wallet.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Who else woke up disappointed there wasn't a voucher reset last night?  😂

The current sale is running until 3rd of April. I expect the next round by tomorrow with new voucher.

15 minutes ago, Frank said:

The current sale is running until 3rd of April. I expect the next round by tomorrow with new voucher.

Yep, still hoping for that also.  But if we got one today....then that would increase changes for the double reset I was really hoping for..  :)  

20 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I'm still stupid on how to use a compressor despite watching tutorial.  If all of my compressors turned into hardware I would need a warehouse for them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got Fuchs Train II... AND the Overdrive Supreme guitar amps. Didn't expect very much, but sure was positively surprised. Been playing with them all day, and I have to say you can get quite big and soulful sounds out of these, no matter what guitar you feed 'em with.

All the PA plugins I have are awesome. They're quite expensive, but they are excellent, seemingly without exceptions.

• Like 1

Does anyone use the yearly bundles? It seems like a no-brainer to me. You sign up for a year, say for the Mix & Master bundle, they send you a huge voucher (like $200 worth), you buy a bunch of plugins on sale with the voucher, and you still have year of using all the other stuff you don't buy? Am I missing something here?? 

Edited by Carl Ewing

32 minutes ago, Carl Ewing said:

Does anyone use the yearly bundles? It seems like a no-brainer to me. You sign up for a year, say for the Mix & Master bundle, they send you a huge voucher (like $200 worth), you buy a bunch of plugins on sale with the voucher, and you still have year of using all the other stuff you don't buy? Am I missing something here?? 

I think that's one THE best subscription models around.  The rent-to-own by Melda is pretty good too, although that's a huge commitment.  Do you have to use the voucher all in one purchase or do you get "credits" you can spend anytime afterwards? (Too lazy yo look it up, sorry.)

1 hour ago, mibby said:

I think that's one THE best subscription models around.  The rent-to-own by Melda is pretty good too, although that's a huge commitment.  Do you have to use the voucher all in one purchase or do you get "credits" you can spend anytime afterwards? (Too lazy yo look it up, sorry.)

Haha. Ya, I'm trying to find the catch. I had $140 in plugins in my cart, saw the bundle and realized for $10 more they send me a voucher for $200 - which I can use to buy what's in my cart + $60 extra + access to everything else in the bundle for a year.  What the?  I guess it doesn't look as temping when the giant sale isn't on, because what's in my cart would normally be over $600.