Plugin Alliance Mega Sale (until Apr 3)

mibby

While the products are great at this point I would be collecting them.  I have many of them and often I have to go to my account to see which ones I don't have.  With the never ending sales of plugins by developers I have to wonder if many users have gotten to the point they don't need anymore.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paul Young said:

While the products are great at this point I would be collecting them.  I have many of them and often I have to go to my account to see which ones I don't have.  With the never ending sales of plugins by developers I have to wonder if many users have gotten to the point they don't need anymore.

Get all of that crazy talk out of the way before Larry comes back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

42 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

Need is a dirty and smelly word.  🤣

I'd certainly agree that most of us have any "needs" well covered, but these deals make it so that added another tool in the box is fun.

As a guitarists these become reasonable price points to grab another amp flavor.   Other effects such as compression and EQ start to come down more to workflow.  

I'll keep collecting them as long as the price is right.  I've got a number of them and have bases covered in virtually all areas more than once, but I'm open to buying more given the quality PA offers.  

If they had a WAVES style 1 seat per purchase system, I wouldn't bother even if the price was low.  PA (along with others) helped me ditch WAVES.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul Young said:

I'm such user. I rarely buy plugins or virtual instruments nowadays. Heck, even bundled plugins and instruments are often good enough to achieve any sound you can imagine.

• Like 3

I have most of their plugins. The ones left that I still want are all high prices right now. I could get some amps I don't have but, as others said, I'd be just completing collections. Maybe if they had a new PPG synth, inherited from Wolfgang Palm, or the new version of Thorn announced some time ago I'd be tempted but... my price threshold for collecting plugin is much lower nowadays.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Paul Young said:

Like Tina Turner once said "Whats need got to do with it?"

hmmm, something like that anyway 🏃🏻‍♂️

Edited by Fret Flintstone
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Fleer said:

Got fiedler audio stage for a tenner. 

11 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

That one wasn't even on my radar really and now I wonder if I can resist buying it, even though I just got "spread" for free.   🥳

It is a very cool plugin, in serious moderation can also work in mastering 🙂

Can you recommend me any PA preamp or "magic" EQ which is not primarily aimed for guitar but works very well for this purpose?  (up to $39) 
I already have their guitar pedals (od, dist, rat) so I'm thinking how to spend my money during this sale.  I have tried several amps but earlier purchased Fried DS40 is still unbeatable for me. Both Fuchs amps have some strange artificial noise (on clean patches). It is not a real deal breaker but I have hoped for the same quality as DS40 has.

update:  After noodling a while around clean sound I have found similar artifacts even on the DS40. So Fuchs Supreme is the right second option  for me.

Edited by filo

14 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Meanwhile, I’m also thinking of getting Zip for a tenner.  

I picked up Fault for free, but if they reset the voucher tonight, I might get Zip as well. Or G8 for free. Or the ADA flanger, also for a tenner.

Anyway, one of those. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1