Recording Drums..only white noise comes through

Justin Terrell

Question

Hi there.

Long time user, first time caller. So I have never had this problem before, using Bandlab, or any cakewalk brand software, but just today I went to record drums as I normally do, everything  set up, mic'd etc..nothing changed. However today for some reason the recording didn't come through as drums..just white noise. I have 6 Mics plugged into a USB output mixing board(acts as an interface, again NEVER any issues before).   I tested it a few times..just shells, then just cymbals and once I roll the kit it gets all remedial and only records static. Mics are good, clean, and in working order..tested with voice and taps to make sure it wasn't the mics. Plugged a guitar into the mixer, it did the same thing, just static. Used another interface and again..same thing. So if anyone has any tips on settings or what could fix this issue. I'd much appreciate it.

2 answers to this question

On 3/29/2021 at 10:17 PM, John Vere said:

What driver mode are you using.? 
This sounds like an audio driver issue. 
Try a different USB cable or port. 

Thank you. I changed the driver mode. It would be different between songs, but SEEMS  to be working now. Just having the ever pleasant audio drop out every 35 seconds. I've done everything to try and get that to stop. 🙄 A new computer is on the horizon I'm sure. haha! I will though try a different cable and see if that cuts out the problems..

Thanks for the tips.