Gui update for sonitus plugins

Stephen Ajewole

2 hours ago, Nonlinear said:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I would rather see the time spent on fixing bugs and updating the core program.  Some of the editing features in CbB are confusing, buggy and "clunky" and could be greatly improved.

Yh i agree! The piano roll does feel clunky at times, sometimes the keyboard shortcuts don't even work :(

Are you new to this daw like I am? 

Thew Sonitus plugins were originally made back when 32 bit was the only game in town. CW took the time to bring them into the 'modern' age (so to speak) of 64 bit so that we may continue to use them. That's all I ever asked for. I am still happy.

As an example, Waves is a major player in plugins. And some of their great sounding plugins (C1,C4, Doubler, and more) are still looking "dated." Worse than the Sonitus plugins. But they still do a fantastic job at what it was designed to do. Even with the resources Waves have, they have only updated two UI of older plugins.

Use the Sonitus plugins. They are free. And sound just as good as anything out there. Just don't expect them to get an update UI.

But I have been wrong before!! : ) You can always be optimistic. Hope springs eternal!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Stephen Ajewole said:

Yh i agree! The piano roll does feel clunky at times, sometimes the keyboard shortcuts don't even work :(

Are you new to this daw like I am? 

New for about 6 months or so.  CbB is a great hobby DAW but I'd be reluctant to use it in a professional context.  Lots of great features/potential but it needs some clean up and bulletproofing of its code.

Edited by Nonlinear

The Sonitus plug ins are not the prettiest looking things to stare at but if I were to die tomorrow and was given a chance to take one plug in suite (Not talking waves bundles) I would have to take the Sonitus plug ins. I've learned to carve out frequency's and do things with those plug ins that I haven't been able to do with others.

They do remind me of a vintage guitar.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2018 at 12:50 PM, Stephen Ajewole said:

Oh really? How'd u do that? 

I use Restorator but there are others that can open DLL files. If a DLL contains a Bitmap (BMP) or PNG folder, you can use a resource editor to copy them to your HDD, repaint them, reinsert them back into the DLL, and save it. Always save a copy of the original DLL somewhere safe.

Edited by sjoens
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...