No Longer Recording Audio (Please Help)

Nuance

Hi all,

Trust me I've looked everywhere I can think of trying to find this answer. Any ideas? I'm simply trying to track a new audio track. Soooo frustrating. Please see below some info, plus a couple of pics.

> The only change I can think of since I last recorded 'audio' was changing from 48000 > 44100 samples a few weeks ago. Does that matter? I'm trying to track on a brand new song though...

> Device on WASAPI Shared (What I always record acoustic guitar on without issue) (see pic)

> Rode NT USB mic. it's working fine, can hear sound through direct monitoring

> Cakewalk can find Rode and the settings are correct I believe for input/ output (see pic) 

> Latest version of CW installed and working fine

> Windows 10, no sound card problems

I've had no issue recording audio this way before. I just have no idea why NOW it won't record any audio sound when I do what I have always done..

** Is this something? ** 

I notice that in the 'peak volume' area for the track it lists -90.3 (See pic attached). I don't think I remember seeing this before? Is this the problem. Is it preventing the mic picking up sound perhaps? Not sure, don't know... please help with any ideas. 

Thanks in advance and also apologies in advance if I'm missing something very obvious. I'm no expert at Cakewalk - far from it

Cheers Mike

cw.jpg

cw1.jpg

cw2.jpg

What are the symptoms?

Does everything act normally, just resulting an empty track? Is the level meter moving or is the track "dead"?? Anything?

Check that you don't have autopunch active. The way I understand the peak indicator is that it's the loudest signal that has come through, so somewhere is a slider set to nearly zero (??) I'm still in SONAR so I may interpret the CbB view wrong.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kalle Rantaaho said:

What are the symptoms?

Does everything act normally, just resulting an empty track? Is the level meter moving or is the track "dead"?? Anything?

Check that you don't have autopunch active. The way I understand the peak indicator is that it's the loudest signal that has come through, so somewhere is a slider set to nearly zero (??) I'm still in SONAR so I may interpret the CbB view wrong.

Thanks Kalle. Have attached what 'records'. Just a flat line. I guess that'd be worse in a hospital bed but still with recording it's no good. Yesterday I was just trying with a Rode mic straight via USB > Desktop. Today Focusrite AI and condenser mic and same result. Nada.

It's a brand new track and def no sneaky auto-punches down-the-line (and yes I did check all the way to the end). Interesting is that on the new track I'm 'trying' to record it showed maxed-out "Audio Processing" (pic attached) even though there isn't a single track on the project??? cw4.thumb.jpg.35b7aa62fee277c78f16a98b50638fc5.jpgcw6.png.f2fd0e58cb570c304e1b0b90ecc89713.pngNormally that sits under 10% even on songs with 20 or more tracks. Never seen that before. Something's sick. I'm thinking uninstall/ reinstall? Thoughts and thanks again...

This looks like your input is not set correctly or the signal is not getting to your audio interface. If you don't see any meter movement when input echo is on and armed for recording then nothing is going to get recorded. You need to track down where your signal is coming from and where it is failing. Did the Rode mic come with any software to monitor its input?

8 hours ago, John Vere said:

The trouble is that USB mikes use weird drivers and Cakewalk just hates them. Those mikes work great for podcasts but there’s a million post with people that have issues when using USB mikes

In the last post the OP writes he's now using a Focusrite and a condenser mic.

• Like 1