[SOLVED] Scanning Melodyne plug in is taking hours!

tdehan

Question

I was trying to use Melodyne for the first time today.  Bandlab Assistant says that it is installed.  However, when I went to use it I got an error message saying it could not find it.  I went to the path that the error message said Bandlab was looking for it it and discovered that it was not there.  I then copied the the Melodyne folder from my back up computer VST3 folder and pasted it in my main computer.  I then told  BLC to re-scan my plugins.  It's been sitting at rescanning Melodyne now for over an hour.  How do I fix this?

Thanks

Edited by tdehan

14 answers to this question

3 hours ago, tdehan said:

I was trying to use Melodyne for the first time today.  Bandlab Assistant says that it is installed.  However, when I went to use it I got an error message saying it could not find it.  I went to the path that the error message said Bandlab was looking for it it and discovered that it was not there.  I then copied the the Melodyne folder from my back up computer VST3 folder and pasted it in my main computer.  I then told  BLC to re-scan my plugins.  It's been sitting at rescanning Melodyne now for over an hour.  How do I fix this?

Thanks

do a reinstall. something got dropped. make sure you're using the latest and greatest installer 2021.01

1 hour ago, scook said:

Thanks.  I' ve tried what is outlined in that post.  I found and removed the registry installer entry for Melodyne and Bandlab Assistant now allows me to check the box to install.  However, after doing so and telling it to install it's  been sitting at Initializing for the past 45 minutes.

I've now uninstalled all of BLC again and have re-installed it.  Melodyne does get installed however, I can't find it anywhere within Cakewalk.  

Another question:  Is Melodyne that comes with BLC only good for 30 days as a trial?

Thanks

it seems odd however considering that I've never used Melodyne prior that my 30 days limited time would have expired unless it starts from the time I've installed it.  But with that said, shouldn't I be able to find Melodyne somewhere within Cakewalk?  It doesn't even show up anywhere that I can find.

AFAIK, the time starts when the plug-in is installed.

I have no idea what is displayed after the trial expires, I have a licensed copy of the software.

There is no reason for the plug-in to appear since the functions that work after the trial expires do not use the plug-in UI.

The functions that continue to work are drag & drop audio to MIDI and tempo detection. If MIDI appears after dragging an audio clip to a MIDI track or if tempo changes show up after dragging audio to the timeline, the limited function Melodyne is working.

i know for my licensed version, when i download it, it's customized install package w/ my license built into the installer data. no sure if the demo software works in a similar fashion, if so, the "date" might be embedded as part of the installer package so regardless of when you install it, it might expire in 30 days from the time you download. maybe reach out to Celemony and see how it works and perhaps get a refreshed demo.