Steinberg Warning

cclarry

21 hours ago, ZincT said:

So did I!

Thanks for the heads-up Larry.  Bad news the way that Steinberg handled your situation.

That's what gets me.  It seems like Steinberg just blew him off.  "So, somebody hacked your account and stole your stuff?  Oh well, gotta run." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, husker said:

You have a grudge against Cubase, and don't like it. 

I certainly wasn't impressed by my experience with Cubase, terrible support and gangly unworkable DAW that was supposed to be easier to use on the UR44 but didn''t integrate at all, I was better off using Cakewlk with the onboard DSP rather than Cubases "integration" but aside from that, it is not for me. I have found Cakewalk to be my DAW and am in the process of moving my projects from other DAW's into Cakewalk. I have no need for orchestral arrangements and use it for singer/songwriter functions, Just being able to sit down and write in lyrics and chords etc and I love the immediate analogue sound of the Prochannel. I also use it with other projects.

I am aware that Orchestral's like Cubase, so do those scoring to film but they do not represent the majority of people using DAW's. EDM would probably win that one these days. I was with Studio One and that moved away from being a singer/songwriter DAW and is more like EDM/technicians DAW. You want console emulation etc that's extra, you want to write in lyrics and chords, have to buy another program for that etc and it is more complicated.

I much prefer the simplicity and features in Cakewalk. Even Cubase cannot do this for me. You have to write your lyrics somewhere else and then import, and you cant just write simple chords and staff it becomes much more complicated. No use to me. It's alleged great midi functions are of little use to me, I have more than I need already in Cakewalk. I did not find Cubase very intuitive to use. It's a workflow issue rather than a psychological one. Cubase does not and cannot suit my workflow, it's disjointed and complicated, whereas in Cakewalk, everything is there that I need in one program. Except the instruments of course but I have plenty of those.

I have not had any trouble getting videos to help learn Cakewalk, the old Sonar videos are fine for most of it, I think I have about 40 hours of videos now from Groove 3, lynda.com, the ones here on the tutorial site and youtube videos also. I haven't experienced any problem with getting videos to explain each function and have renamed them so now my video library is like a visual help file, I can scan through the list on the TV to find exactly what I'm looking for. I have had to do this though because of a lack of an offline help file.

So I would say you are correct, I do have a grudge against Cubase and no, I don't like it. And I hope to god that Cakewalk doesn't become anything like it.

Edited by Tezza

4 hours ago, 53mph said:

No-one likes getting hacked, but it's becoming more and more common.  I sometimes wonder if the mass of free VSTs being offered up by small companies over the years have just been a way of skimming email addresses and reselling them onto spammers - after I started signing up for those free fx and VSTs that show up in the Deals sections here and in the old forum, I started getting bombarded (and I do mean bombarded) with spam.  Makes me reluctant to sign up for anything these days. :(

I finally created a dummy email just to sign up for that stuff.  It gets some really interesting spam. 

7 minutes ago, jude77 said:

That's what gets me.  It seems like Steinberg just blew him off.  "So, somebody hacked your account and stole your stuff?  Oh well, gotta run." 

They technically did, but they did give me a License for Cubase Elements 10, since mine was pilfered.
But he wasn't going to let me speak my mind about it.  He just buggered off as fast as he could...

Edited by cclarry

36 minutes ago, cclarry said:

They technically did, but they did give me a License for Cubase Elements 10, since mine was pilfered.
But he wasn't going to let me speak my mind about it.  He just buggered off as fast as he could...

Why would he entertain you venting your frustrations about something that was likely your own fault? No offense Larry but your taking your aggression out on someone whose fault it isn't is a really crappy thing to do. Be happy he fixed the issue and move on with life.

41 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Hey Larry how do we know this is still the real you?

What if the "cclarry" account here was hacked also, and now we are actually speaking to an alleged Chinese hacker? xD

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TerraSin said:

Why would he entertain you venting your frustrations about something that was likely your own fault? No offense Larry but your taking your aggression out on someone whose fault it isn't is a really crappy thing to do. Be happy he fixed the issue and move on with life.

Do you UNDERSTAND the COMPLETE ABSURDITY of THIS statement Terra???

THAT has got to be the DUMBEST THING I've ever read!

How is someone STEALING my BOUGHT AND PAID FOR PRODUCTS, from MY ACCOUNT,
"my own fault"???

WOW...I never in my life thought I would hear someone here say something so RIDICULOUS!

I've had the same account for WELL OVER TEN YEARS!!!

And SOMEONE hacks into Steinberg, pilfers my products, and THAT is MY fault?

WOW...just WOW....

THEY are the ones who maintain the SECURITY of THEIR SERVERS and NETWORK...NOT ME!!!

I STILL can't believe you would say something so LUDICROUS!!!  JUST WOW!!!

AND, BTW, I use the BEST Anti-Virus, and Security available.

Edited by cclarry

41 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Do you UNDERSTAND the COMPLETE ABSURDITY of THIS statement Terra???

THAT has got to be the DUMBEST THING I've ever read!

How is someone STEALING my BOUGHT AND PAID FOR PRODUCTS, from MY ACCOUNT,
"my own fault"???

WOW...I never in my life thought I hear someone here say something so RIDICULOUS!

I've had the same account for WELL OVER TEN YEARS!!!

And SOMEONE hacks into Steinberg, pilfers my products, and THAT is MY fault?

WOW...just WOW....

THEY are the ones who maintain the SECURITY of THEIR SERVERS and NETWORK...NOT ME!!!

I STILL can't believe you would say something so LUDICROUS!!!  JUST WOW!!!

You know, I was being very respectful in my statements but the point has obviously gone way over your head. I'm done here.

Edited by TerraSin

It's kinda someone would try to steal a license that is on a dongle.  They could only get the installation files out of an account.

It may not always be hackers since web developers seem to have a higher level of incompetence and could easily toss out an account. 

6 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

It's kinda someone would try to steal a license that is on a dongle.  They could only get the installation files out of an account.

It may not always be hackers since web developers seem to have a higher level of incompetence and could easily toss out an account. 

Cubase Elements doesn't require a dongle.

• Like 1