Prog original - Wordless Convergence

SteveC

On 3/31/2021 at 2:01 PM, jack c. said:

wonderful job recording song/chord changes.bring up voices.jack c.

Thanks, Jack!   I just uploaded a revised version with a slight bump in the vocals.  Appreciate it.

On 4/8/2021 at 1:24 PM, emeraldsoul said:

Crazy good prog. I'd boost the vocal just a hair, especially that "response" vocal part. Wow those piano runs at the end were killer! Video works a treat. Kudos to the bass player or programmer for keeping up with all of those changes - love it!

The typical knock is that prog can get tedious but yours never, ever does. Really well done!

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks, Tom!    Yep, overall vocals bumped up a bit and the response vocals up a bit more too.    The piano runs were just having fun, though that fun did need a little clean-up here and there.   And the bassist says...   thanks!  ;)    Fortunately I knew the changes so could keep up.   I may not be a "real" bassist but I'm still heavily influenced by Chris Squire none the less. 

Appreciate it.  I often have a somewhat short attention span with my own songs so like to constantly mix it up.  

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2021 at 9:24 PM, SteveC said:

Hey...    It's been a few years since I've posted a new original here, pre-Bandlab days in fact.    The result of life, work, COVID, the end of SONAR, etc..    I actually completed the song last April, didn't get around to uploading until November, and posting here just now in March.   Did I mention life, work, COVID and SONAR?    🙃

Anyhow, it's very much as 70's prog inspired piece but somewhat straightforward too (at least time signature-wise).    SoundCloud version is here:

I've also taken my first dip into the waters of creating a matching video with Vegas Pro, using random free snippets found on the web.   Be gentle, it is my first time after all.   😉

Thanks!

Good job, I like!

On 4/20/2021 at 10:36 PM, Ruralrocker2010 said:

So, obviously you love Kansas, right? Great tune! 

Why yes, yes I do.    ;)      Big fan from way back and Kerry Livgren was always an influence.      Thanks!!