How to redraw wave files on the timeline after crash

Frank DeFede

Is there a way to redraw the wave files on the timeline.  I have been crashing lately, and even though I had saved the project, when it crashes the clips I had been working on come up with a single line when I reopen the project.   I did find out that I can change the gain and the the wave form is redrawn, but sometimes I had used Melodyne and then I have to remove it first, do the change in gain, and then have to redo Melodyne which is pain.

Just wondering if anyone knows a way to get those waveforms redrawn without changing the level.

Thank You!

To explain, Cakewalk creates .WOV & .TR2 files in a global folder called Picture Cache. These visually represent the wave form you see in an audio clip.

"C:\Cakewalk Projects\Picture Cache"

When issues like this arise you can delete all the files in the folder so CbB can draw new ones.

It's good to clear the folder regularly so issues like this don't happen.

Another link: https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=AudioPerformance.25.html

6 hours ago, Frank DeFede said:

Is there a way to redraw the wave files on the timeline.  I have been crashing lately, and even though I had saved the project, when it crashes the clips I had been working on come up with a single line when I reopen the project.   I did find out that I can change the gain and the the wave form is redrawn, but sometimes I had used Melodyne and then I have to remove it first, do the change in gain, and then have to redo Melodyne which is pain.

Just wondering if anyone knows a way to get those waveforms redrawn without changing the level.

Thank You!

thank you for that information.  Very simple and easy to understand.  I will definitely be using it.

3 hours ago, sjoens said:

To explain, Cakewalk creates .WOV & .TR2 files in a global folder called Picture Cache. These visually represent the wave form you see in an audio clip.

"C:\Cakewalk Projects\Picture Cache"

When issues like this arise you can delete all the files in the folder so CbB can draw new ones.

It's good to clear the folder regularly so issues like this don't happen.

Another link: https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=AudioPerformance.25.html

Thank you for that information.  I will be using it.  Very helpful!