Exporting to Audio (from a MIDI file)

Vangelis Karafillidis

Question

Hello!

I have recorded and edited a MIDI file (a series of piano pieces) with Cakewalk. I use the Pianoteq VSTi. Everything seems to be perfect. But, when I try to export to audio, the Pianoteq settings do not seem to affect the generated audio file. For example, my settings regarding the reverb, volume, etc (which are set into the Pianoteq VSTi) do not seem to "pass" into the generated audio file. I have selected all available options in the "Mix" section of the audio export window, but the problem persists. What is going wrong? Does anybody know? Thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

No answer for your issue but if you need a workaround meanwhile you could try setting the output of the vst to a new aux track, play and record on the aux track and see if your settings are applied on the aux track version and export that track. If the settings don’t go along to the aux track recording then something is wrong

Are you using the latest version of CbB (Which is 2021.1 Build 98)?

In the Export dialogue box, under Bounce settings, what is your “Source Category” set to?

What happens if you disable “Fast Bounce”?  What happens if you disable “64 bit engine”?