Groove Clip Looping Feature request :)

Ez Goen

Hi There,

Thanks for picking up the slack and resurrecting Cakewalk - Much appreciated - now I can finally remix 25 year old recordings (yeah I could have used something else but why?)

So I hope this is an ok place to comment/request a feature request.

Regarding Groove Clip Looping - Please Please consider facilitating a 'Repeat Count' entry box so we don't have to drag it out for 100 or more bars.
Its would be cool to have both but a repeat count would be awesome!

Thanks

Edited by Ez Goen
Grammar
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Ez Goen said:

Hi There,

Thanks for picking up the slack and resurrecting Cakewalk - Much appreciated - now I can finally remix 25 year old recordings (yeah I could have used something else but why?)

So I hope this is an ok place to comment/request a feature request.

Regarding Groove Clip Looping - Please Please consider facilitating a 'Repeat Count' entry box so we don't have to drag it out for 100 or more bars.
Its would be cool to have both but a repeat count would be awesome!

Thanks

I think the "Last Entry" feature would be suitable. Reason: For when doing cross work. So, the drag option as default and a "Last Entry" feature perhaps. I dont want to add 100 grooves to the other clips where I might only need 4. 

So the drag option as default and "Last Entry" feature as an option. 

OR 

To punch in how many bars you want of it. 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2021 at 8:37 AM, Will_Kaydo said:

I think the "Last Entry" feature would be suitable. Reason: For when doing cross work. So, the drag option as default and a "Last Entry" feature perhaps. I dont want to add 100 grooves to the other clips where I might only need 4. 

So the drag option as default and "Last Entry" feature as an option. 

OR 

To punch in how many bars you want of it. 

I agree - Last entry - would be useful - regarding number of bars - that may only be relevant if ones loop is an even multiple of a bar OR just a bar - what if the loop is an odd number of bars and the aim is to end up with an even number of bars? would it not be simpler to leave math errors up to the user to make and if ones loop is only 7 and a half measures or bars long, the question remains - how many times would you like to repeat it?
just MHO. There is no bad feedback!

On 3/28/2021 at 11:31 AM, msmcleod said:

Isn't that almost the same as just setting the clip length in the clip properties?

repeat_groove_clip.gif

Hell Yesssss it is! Thankyou - its not intuitive but yes that works - your little Vid helped heaps man - thanks!

3 hours ago, Ez Goen said:

I agree - Last entry - would be useful - regarding number of bars - that may only be relevant if ones loop is an even multiple of a bar OR just a bar - what if the loop is an odd number of bars and the aim is to end up with an even number of bars? would it not be simpler to leave math errors up to the user to make and if ones loop is only 7 and a half measures or bars long, the question remains - how many times would you like to repeat it?
just MHO. There is no bad feedback!

Do you know about the the CTRL+D shortcut? Select a few things in a project and press Ctrl+D quick. It's everyday a lifesaver in my workflow. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Do you know about the the CTRL+D shortcut? Select a few things in a project and press Ctrl+D quick. It's everyday a lifesaver in my workflow. 

Nope - but cool - "Duplicate Clip"   Nice one!