SHADOWS

Harry C.

The opening is strong, when the vocals come in though they seem to be just behind the pocket. Not sure if that's intentional. 

Vocal seems far away, but that could also be a style thing.

Mix seems balanced to me, sounds like good musicianship all around. Lots of attractive parts to this song. If it's done, it's done and that's great! It's so hard to get to this point. If you're looking to work at the production some more then I'd suggest more effort spent on the cadence of the lyrics as at times I feel like the words lose their musicality and just become poetry, nothing wrong with that, but if you don't want the listener to lose contact with the melody, the cadence is key. Then, I think perhaps the timing would just find its proper abode.

That's my thought. FWIW. Awesome work getting to this point! 

• Like 2

Hi KurtS,
thanks for listening to the song. I have to check the vocals and timing again, I haven't noticed anything so far. But that's how it is, the more you listen to the song, the more you get used to it. Also to inconsistencies. Therefore, this forum is good to learn what other ears notice. Thanks again.

• Like 1

@Ruralrocker2010

Thanks Ruralrocker2010 for listening and analyzing the song in detail. You gave us valuable pointers that we will certainly pay more attention to from now on. Thanks for your time you invested for us. We wish you a happy easter, buddy.

This isn't my genre but the subject is  🙂
00:15  I cant really hear the lyrics...  but is that intention so I have to zoom in?
Maybe could be more upfront...  ??

we all paint very different pictures.... and these are my opinions

03.57- 04.26  I would bring the vocals up a touch...  also find it hard to hear to "walk the shadows" near the end.
Again... "walk through the shadows" nearing fade out

Brilliant production and arrangement.
Well done.

• Like 1

I thought the video was very watchable and I wonder where was that festival of lights?

Those guitars and drums are very strong and the bass sat in the mix nicely. In the beginning I thought "this is going to be satanic" but by the end I realized it seemed Christian rock.

So now I'm just confused  :)

good one, thanks!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 2

@jack c. and @wookie

Thank you guys for listening and commenting. I wish you a happy easter.

@David Sprouse

On 4/1/2021 at 6:18 AM, David Sprouse said:

This is such a great production.  Does it take a long time from initial idea to the final cut?

David we are glad you like the production, and yes, it did take some time, about 4-5 months. However, I must say that we did not always have time for it and therefore could not work on it every day. Happy Easter.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 5:20 PM, garybrun said:

03.57- 04.26  I would bring the vocals up a touch...  also find it hard to hear to "walk the shadows" near the end.
Again... "walk through the shadows" nearing fade out

@garybrun although it's not your genre i appreciate you taking the time to listen to the song. At the end of the song the vocals move away like the shadows at sunset move further away from the object. So it was exactly the intention to mix it like that :)

• Like 1

@emeraldsoul Hi Tom, we're glad you liked the video. As you correctly pointed out, there is nothing "satanic" about the song. The lady at the beginning, sitting in the dark candlelight and pulling her cape out of her face, some people even find romantic... It's all a matter of opinion. Yes, it is a christian lyric and you can call it christian rock. That is correct.

Well, the Festival of Lights footage is mine, taken in Berlin last summer.

So thank you very much for dedicating your time to the song. All the best.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I haven't been around in a while and just saw this. We appreciate all the feedback! Harry did a great job on this! @emeraldsoul The lyrics are about keeping your eyes in the Lord, with all that's going on in this world that tries to draw us away. I know that's a turnoff to some, but that's what it is. Thanks again for listening, and thank you @Harry C. for letting me be a part of it! 

• Like 1