Spitfire Audio Releases Originals - Mrs. Mills Piano

Simeon Amburgey

So I remember when Cinesamples had a Mrs. Mills Piano for Kontakt but a while back their agreement with Abbey Road ended, so they had to discontinue that library. Today, Spitfire Audio has released their own Mrs. Mills Pianos as one of their $29 Orig!nals series.
I cant wait to try it out and of course I will try and do a live first look and playthrough as soon As I can. Until then you can read all about it here on my site:

https://wp.me/p6Mqqs-As

Here is the trailer:

Edited by Simeon Amburgey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Okay, @Simeon Amburgey, I recognize a lot of what you play in your videos, from the church/gospel stuff to Stevie Wonder, Toto, secular stuff, but I really feel you need to show The Beatles more love, especially with this piano!!! Come on, at least a little "Penny Lane" or "When I'm Sixty Four." I always enjoy your playing, but I think you need to do another video for this piano where you get lost playing a Beatles medley! It is, after all, the band the piano is most famously connected to. Even if you're not a big Beatles fan, I think you need to at least try a bit for this one.  Don't make me start a petition! ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

13 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Okay, @Simeon Amburgey, I recognize a lot of what you play in your videos, from the church/gospel stuff to Stevie Wonder, Toto, secular stuff, but I really feel you need to show The Beatles more love, especially with this piano!!! Come on, at least a little "Penny Lane" or "When I'm Sixty Four." I always enjoy your playing, but I think you need to do another video for this piano where you get lost playing a Beatles medley! It is, after all, the band the piano is most famously connected to. Even if you're not a big Beatles fan, I think you need to at least try a bit for this one.  Don't make me start a petition! ;)

Yes, that sounds reasonable.
I think my excitement at times causes my brain to have a logjam at times where you have so many things flooding through that it is sometimes hard to just breathe. One thing that I need to start doing is just put a bunch of these on a notepad to reference so that I can look at the list and not have to think too much about it.

I never thought of When I'm 64, that would have been fun. So keep your eyes and ears open.
Thanks so much for the suggestion.

All the best,
Simeon

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 12:32 PM, Simeon Amburgey said:

Yes, that sounds reasonable.
I think my excitement at times causes my brain to have a logjam at times where you have so many things flooding through that it is sometimes hard to just breathe. One thing that I need to start doing is just put a bunch of these on a notepad to reference so that I can look at the list and not have to think too much about it.

I never thought of When I'm 64, that would have been fun. So keep your eyes and ears open.
Thanks so much for the suggestion.

All the best,
Simeon

Just so you know, I'm just being lighthearted. I enjoy your videos -- I love your playing. When you've gone off on musical tangents playing stuff like Stevie Wonder, I really enjoy it. I would love seeing you playing some Beatles, but I'm not seriously pushing for it. I'm just a huge Beatles fan and I just think it would be great to hear, because I bet you'd play those old songs very well. And while I don't need more piano libraries, I'd probably ending up loving this one so much that I'll eventually pick it up.

I'm a total sucker for Beatle-esque and Jon Brion-esque sample libraries and effects. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Well, at least you're not singing it in the past tense, like Paul has to now. 

Yes, my wife and I were discussing this yesterday imagining the Paul who sang it for the first time imagining hold so far out 64 was and now a 78 year old Paul thinking, man time sure does have a way of flying by.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Just so you know, I'm just being lighthearted. I enjoy your videos -- I love your playing. When you've gone off on musical tangents playing stuff like Stevie Wonder, I really enjoy it. I would love seeing you playing some Beatles, but I'm not seriously pushing for it. I'm just a huge Beatles fan and I just think it would be great to hear, because I bet you'd play those old songs very well. And while I don't need more piano libraries, I'd probably ending up loving this one so much that I'll eventually pick it up.

I'm a total sucker for Beatle-esque and Jon Brion-esque sample libraries and effects. 

You would have been proud of me as I was hashing out some stride piano today, man my left hand was really protesting 🤣 It is interesting in diving into some of these, that they are complex in their simplicity and shows the brilliance that was inherent in the arrangements and production.

Also I was thinking of Billy Preston and if he might have used that piano back in the day as it did remind me of Nothin from Nothin.

• Like 1

I really have to get to know Unify. I have John’s Omnisphere libraries, but are they compatible with Unify? Does one have to buy Unify and then repurchase those libs already owned? Or would buying Unify suffice to use them the Unified way?

You do realise that Mrs Mills LP's were used as an instrument of torture by parents in the 60's on their defenceless children.

Spitfire should be ashamed for dragging up these painful memories. What next, a Richard Clayderman library?

I may have to go back to musical rehab. "No mum, please not Englebert Humperdinck again? Can't I at least play one Rolling Stones song?" :)

Edited by Hatstand
  • Haha 3

There are hours and hours of tutorials on Unify. Last week five or six giants of the industry were there online for discussion. Herbie Hancock.

Out of the box you get an enormous amount of presets.

If you own many other VSTs, many factory presets have been and are being converted to Unify format.

They are several, Unify only presets one can buy.

Release Party

Last Saturday's Patch Fest:

To see the list of free presets If you own the synth

Skippy/Unify does amazing things with Synths that are CPU intensive or non-multi-voice which would be impossible in the synth itself.

Like the Spitfire BBC stuff, Serum.

Mrs. Mills is highlighted in March 27 event and he already has free presets and improvements.

They is a factory of people converting synth presets and some firms like:

TripleSpiralAudio and Rock Mountain Something contain Unify presets with their Omnisphere Presets.

Edited by jim137

10 hours ago, Hatstand said:

You do realise that Mrs Mills LP's were used as an instrument of torture by parents in the 60's on their defenceless children.

Spitfire should be ashamed for dragging up these painful memories.

In my case that would be the Spitfire try to watch TV while your bi-polar cousin murders a violin library.

Followed soon after by the Spitfire given what happened with the violin, who on earth thought giving her a dulcimer was a good idea library.