PLUG-IN COLLECTIVE: ACUSTICA CREAM2

Pragi

11 hours ago, kevin H said:

Other Acustica plugs I own have nice presets that I use as starting points but I can’t find any presets on this one.  Am I looking in wrong spot? 

Ditto here. No mention in the manual either.

I guess Acustica must have assumed the target audience might know how to set up channel strip hardware from the 60's-70's era.

13 hours ago, kevin H said:

Other Acustica plugs I own have nice presets that I use as starting points but I can’t find any presets on this one.  Am I looking in wrong spot? 

Acustica has never made the typical presets for their eq's, comps. strips.. Recently they started making Artificial Intelligence presets on a few of the models.

Installation tip (Windows):

Be sure to set the VST2 path in the Aquarius installation manager before installing a product with it for the first time. Recommend creating a new sub-folder in the path just for Acustica in your VST2 folder, otherwise Cream2 will splatter your main VST2 folder with files. Maybe it's just me, but I like to keep things tidy!

After the first try, I had to delete the Cream files, and re-install the plugin using a proper sub-folder. 🙄

2 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

My AA VST2's are in their own separate folder on internal SSD. They load fast & there's plenty of GB space which is needed. You can change all the paths in Aquarius.

That's what I just said. I think...

3 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Acustica has never made the typical presets for their eq's, comps. strips.. Recently they started making Artificial Intelligence presets on a few of the models.

Not sure if Greg Wells classifies as artificial intelligence haha

i don’t own many but do use El Rey quite a bit and his preset set is what initially caught my attention. 

https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/elrey

I also checked a couple more I had and saw presets.  Anyway, maybe I’m just used to this from other vendors as it’s handy at least for me to learn.

Thanks for pointing out it’s usually an exception for Acustica.  I didn’t know.

4 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Not sure if Greg Wells classifies as artificial intelligence haha

i don’t own many but do use El Rey quite a bit and his preset set is what initially caught my attention. 

https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/elrey

I also checked a couple more I had and saw presets.  Anyway, maybe I’m just used to this from other vendors as it’s handy at least for me to learn.

Thanks for pointing out it’s usually an exception for Acustica.  I didn’t know.

Yeah, El Rey has got that nice low end bump that can work well on tracks or the mix bus.