UVI releases QUADRA 4-part instrument and sequence designer with intro price

Reid Rosefelt

UVI releases Quadra: Muted & Harmonics, a modern creative 4-part instrument and sequence designer. Draw from 150 multi-sampled muted and harmonic sound sources to create dynamic, rhythmic, and evolving sequences with a focused and intuitive workflow, powerful 64-step arpeggiator and phrase sequencer, expressive performance controls, a deep factory library, and more.

Quadra: Muted & Harmonics is available immediately at an introductory price of $99 / 99€ through March 31st, 2021 (regularly $149 / 149€).

https://www.uvi.net/quadra-muted-and-harmonics

Quadra: Muted & Harmonics is capable of a wide range of applications from classical stringed arpeggios to harmonizing guitars, grooving bass and synth lines to dark brooding cinematic soundbeds, anywhere in-between, and far beyond. Loaded with a huge selection of acoustic and electric guitars and basses from Fender, PRS, Gibson, Chapman and others, pianos, electric keyboards, FM, analog and modeling synths, classical and world stringed instruments and more, users are free to explore and create complex layered voices, adaptive progressions, and dazzling sequences with a focused and inspiring toolset.

Designed to be immediately creative, Quadra delivers 4 completely customizable instrument layers with mappable keyzones, XY and dynamics morphing, envelopes, multimode filters, audio effects including frequency shifter, waveshaper, chorus, phaser, EQ, drive, tremolo, and vibrato, an advanced 64-step arpeggiator and phrase sequencer with MIDI effects including euclidean emphasis, MIDI delay, pitch drift, random, and scale quantization, sound and arpeggiator presets, randomization and more.

Quadra comes loaded with an impressive collection of wildly diverse and inspired factory patches. Hundreds of unique creative visions are ready to be explored, crafted by a team of in-house veterans and industry stalwarts like Simon Stockhausen. Presets in Quadra are fully editable, functioning as fantastic starting points for your own creative journeys, or as ready-to-go mojo for your productions.

Quadra: Muted & Harmonics offers native 64-bit standalone operation by way of Falcon or the free UVI Workstation, providing comprehensive support for all modern DAWs and simultaneous authorization on up to 3 computers or iLok keys.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2

This reminds me of two of my favorite libraries:  Sonuscore's Origins Muted Guitar and Harmonics, and In Session Audio's Fluid Harmonics.

All the Origins series would work well with this, as well as most of the Sonuscore pattern libraries, like Mallet Flux and Elysion.

Not happy that this dropped on the same day as ISA's World Percussion.  🥵   It's up my alley but I'll have to think about it.

22 minutes ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

You beat me to it!!!!  🤣

This should be an interesting instrument as I think it is the first UVI library using the 4 zone approach we have come to be so familiar with in some Kontakt libraries. I look forward to getting a try at this hopefully soon.

I hadn't thought about that.  I guess their other libraries are two-parters. 

Also, this is the first time I know of they brought in the Euclidean sequencing from Falcon.  You don't find that in too many places. 

I hope they continue with this and make an instrument that's not all muted sounds.  It's quite an engine.

• Like 1

Simeon looking forward to your review on it. I’m quite a fan of some of the UVI offerings and use them regularly in my pieces.

Listening to the presets video of the Quadra 4 which I thought would be interesting -  I ended with the impression that not a single preset was compelling enough for me to give this serious thought.

Maybe you’ll find something special in it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Simeon,

Somebody said in VIC that it was very demanding on CPU.  Do let us know what your experience is.  😀

Yes, this seems to be the case.
One of the issues with the UVI Workstation and Falcon is that they are SINGLE Threaded virtual instruments, meaning that they rely on using a single CPU core to handle all of the processing.
What I am seeing on average is that most sit around 15% (sometimes rising to 20%) CPU usage depending on the complexity of the patch and how many voices are being used. I was able to get it to go over 90% ;^)

I am working out a proof of concept using UNIFY (of course) that may help to mitigate this somewhat, so we will see.

More to come.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

10 minutes ago, lawajava said:

Good idea!  I hadn’t tried Falcon in Unify yet in terms of the hit on the CPU threads.  There are some Falcon expansion presets that sound great but choke my machine.

The idea is to load several instances of UVI Workstation into UNIFY and divide the resources by using the UNIFY Keyzones.
An experiment I did for the Austrian Grand was use three UVI workstations and created three zones, it really worked well.
You just have to make sure that the patches are identical to stay consistent. You then could save this into your UNIFY User library to get back to it quickly.

In the case of Quadra you could load the same patch and just disable one of the instrument cores. You could then use the LINKED Parameters in UNIFY to join the XY zone mixer so it would control all of your UVI Workstation instances at the same time.

Lots of possibilities!

10 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I hope that someday UVI does an update that allows Workstation and Falcon to make full use of multi-core computers.

Aaaaandddd allow us to update libraries without having to redownload all 36 GB just to fix a tuning issue on a flute.

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1