APD Offer: 78% OFF: O’Malley’s Irish Whistles (VST/AU) by LIBREWAVE

Audio Plugin Deals

For only $14.99 (normally $66.74), get O’Malley’s Irish Whistles by LIBREWAVE!

O’Malley’s Irish Whistles is a collection of 4 virtual instruments with samples performed by Mimi O’Malley.

Included are D, C, Bb and Low D whistles. The library is available in both VSTi and AU plugin format.

Features such as legato, continuous dynamics, and a dedicated breath controller mode give you the ability to craft a nuanced performance.

Get O’Malley’s Irish Whistles for only $14.99 – limited time offer, don’t miss out!

Deal page: https://audioplugin.deals/omalleys-irish-whistles-by-librewave/
Deal ends on April 6th, 2021 at midnight eastern time

KEY FEATURES

• VST/AU format, no extra player plugin required
  • 4 Whistles in the collection
  • Live mode for real-time performance
  • Breath controller mode
  • Smooth legato with playable trills
  • Formant correct glides/pitch bends
  • Round robin samples for all articulations
  • Control over vibrato rate and intensity

VIDEOS

AUDIO DEMOS

Irish? I prefer Guinness over bells and whistles! 😆

Sincerly, I bought the Uilleann Pipes, too. They are exceptional good. But as I do not play Irish folk music I am not in need of all kind of Irish instruments though!

5 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

There is a HARP at the Sonuscore offer here - €9.90

Yup. Got that already. I was just predicting what APD would do. They have already offered Dicky Deegan’s Uilleann Pipes, Paddy’s Irish Percussion, and now O’Malley’s Irish Whistles. All that is left is Michaela’s Harp.  

The APD sale price makes this very worthwhile if you have an inclination for tin whistles - which I happen to.  

But in listening to the examples (there are a good number which is helpful), it sounds more like a tin-whistle-ish synth sound rather than the real thing.

At this price I’ll probably still grab it. I expect a better tin whistle vst will come along in due time.

13 minutes ago, lawajava said:

The APD sale price makes this very worthwhile if you have an inclination for tin whistles - which I happen to.  

But in listening to the examples (there are a good number which is helpful), it sounds more like a tin-whistle-ish synth sound rather than the real thing.

At this price I’ll probably still grab it. I expect a better tin whistle vst will come along in due time.

I noticed that as well. However, this is supposed to be a library of recorded tin whistles, not synthesized. I wonder if there was a ton of post processing done. 

librewave1.jpg.d0ccb57148f75046ec448044bdfb9ea9.jpg

Bought .. Downloaded .. installed. In my view ( from Cork, Ireland ) .. its crap. The way its setup and how it sounds + the GUI .. meh, popup windows cant be closed etc. The DATA/Samples file is only 225MB .. and it is not Kontakt, its some custom thing by librewave

My advise, pass on this one. I would have been better of buying a 12 pack of pint guinness cans which is around the same price here ( €12 )

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

I had a quick watch of the Duduk (my favourite instrument) walkthrough by the same developer - sounded nothing like one from the bits I heard. Tarilonte's Desert Winds has a beautiful one but haven't managed to justify the spend yet. I agree re the sounds of the tin whistle - as a folky of over 40 years I wasn't impressed. The interface is pretty grim too