Amplitube 5 - Free Slash Presets

Magic Russ

Thanks for posting!  I enjoyed playing around with these over the past few days to see how they sound and they are quite nice!

In case anybody here is from outside of North America and/or has their language set to something other then English, this link is more universal:  https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/id=SlashFreePresets2021

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Thanks for posting!  I enjoyed playing around with these over the past few days to see how they sound and they are quite nice!

In case anybody here is from outside of North America and/or has their language set to something other then English, this link is more universal:  https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/id=SlashFreePresets2021

Is that Peter in real ? !!! Glad to see back !!

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Might want to work with the product team on the whole deployment process over stuff like this.

Yes, I was able to get it but the whole process is convoluted from the instructions on the website, to downloading the presets within the app itself to then having to manually unzip and then stick them in an entierally different folder.

Something like this should just be "download presets" and that is it, ready to rock.  

Look forward to  actually getting to play with them at a future date.

23 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

We will have an integrated preset sharing system coming.  I happen to have just watched a video showing its features last night.

That said, the installation rtf should explain the quick process of copying presets to the correct folder that is currently required.

Sounds good! I hope, this new system doesn't imply there is going to be a time period restriction for downloading presets. 

2 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

We will have an integrated preset sharing system coming.  I happen to have just watched a video showing its features last night.

That said, the installation rtf should explain the quick process of copying presets to the correct folder that is currently required.

Now that's a big thing !!!

30 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Presets aren't huge files, so there would be no limit.  Also, this isn't just our presets or those from artists like these (which will still get made, not only for AmpliTube 5 but we also have some coming for some other products that are quite nice.

Well the sound download limitations timeframe for other products is an odd one.  Yeah they are large but you are still hosting the files for other customers to download.  Thus the quesiton is why IKM limits access to them, you still have to host them at a data center of some kind  until a product is end of life.