Krzysiek

Infinite sustain on notes recorded by MIDI keyboard

Question

I'm a new user of Cakewalk by Bandlab

I have a MIDI keyboard (C. Aemon LP-6108A) connected to my PC with a MIDI-USB cable (only MIDI in is plugged in, if that changes something), and it works fine. However, when I'm recording using the keyboard, recorded notes' sustain lasts until I stop recording

I have no other MIDI keyboard or DAW, so I can't test if it's fault of my keyboard or Cakewalk. However, when I'm recording on my PC's keyboard, everything works fine.

I think it's good to mention that I don't have a sustain pedal.

I've been searching throught entire internet for the answer to my question, however found nothing that helped me :(

I would be very grateful for any help, I also put the screenshot of how recorded notes look like

image0.png

4 answers to this question

This does indeed appear that your keyboard is not sending the note off MIDI event.

What you could do is download MIDI-OX.  This lets you see the exact MIDI events that your keyboard is sending.

http://www.midiox.com/

Can it be assumed that you have tried a different USB port on your PC.

I would be looking in the user guide for your keyboard to see of there is a way to change this behaviour.

That's right, comparing to the guy from the Youtube tutorial, my keyboard is not sending "Note off" information.

Is there anything I can do about it, or is the keyboard broken?

I tried switching USB ports, but it didn't fix the issue

image.png