Cakewalk needs a Humanize feature in the PRV

Arabic Dude

Cakewalk needs a Humanize feature in the PRV!!

tried the CAL script but its very limiting as it only allows offsetting. No options to randomize velocity and note lengths.

Also, there should be an option to color notes differently within the same track.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

Humanizing done right also shifts events' timing a little.

True. Go into tick mode and shift your timing slight out of time - this i do. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

Studioware panels were deprecated back when SONAR 1 came out - that's SONAR 1.0 - not SONAR X1  !!

The last version to officially support Studioware panels was Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 (released in 2000). The Studioware panel editor was removed in Sonar 1, so you need CWPA 9 to create/edit them.

52 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Studioware panels were deprecated back when SONAR 1 came out - that's SONAR 1.0 - not SONAR X1  !!

The last version to officially support Studioware panels was Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 (released in 2000). The Studioware panel editor was removed in Sonar 1, so you need CWPA 9 to create/edit them.

As long as CbB opens them (please never remove this ability), I am still going to use them. They speed up my MIDI sequencing 10 fold.  (and yes, I do use CPA9 to create them)

On 3/26/2021 at 4:21 PM, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

So is there no Humanise function baked into Cakewalk ?  Surely it can't be too difficult - I've never got on well with the CAL script I have tried either

Yes, there is: scroll up to see the first reply in this thread by scook. 😆

Scook mentioned (and linked to) the included MIDI plugins you insert on MIDI tracks, they work well. Velocity is good to inject more life to hihat and percussive patterns and Quantize can also do randomness, and it's also one of the many ways to apply swing in Cakewalk.

But I agree it would be a quicker workflow to implement some humanization features directly into the PRV and/or Inspector for MIDI tracks. It would be especially nice to just have a slider for Swing. 🎶

image.png.02813de9b718ac86876e6be2d21e3120.png

image.png.43e3e1860c653dd1c3a116120e39ce77.png

• Like 2

On 3/28/2021 at 1:03 PM, GreenLight said:

Yes, there is: scroll up to see the first reply in this thread by scook. 😆

Scook mentioned (and linked to) the included MIDI plugins you insert on MIDI tracks, they work well. Velocity is good to inject more life to hihat and percussive patterns and Quantize can also do randomness, and it's also one of the many ways to apply swing in Cakewalk.

But I agree it would be a quicker workflow to implement some humanization features directly into the PRV and/or Inspector for MIDI tracks. It would be especially nice to just have a slider for Swing. 🎶

image.png.02813de9b718ac86876e6be2d21e3120.png

image.png.43e3e1860c653dd1c3a116120e39ce77.png

Not really same thing

12 hours ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Not really same thing

You're right - it's not really the same thing. To be honest, I recently made a similar request myself, of building-in the chord analyzer that already exists as a MIDI plugin.

But thanks to your helpful fellow forum members, light has been shed on other tools (other than the CAL scripts that the OP mentioned) that can provide workarounds and that are indeed available out of the box. 🙂

11 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

But thanks to your helpful fellow forum members, light has been shed on other tools (other than the CAL scripts that the OP mentioned) that can provide workarounds and that are indeed available out of the box. 🙂

All tried and discarded decades ago.  How hard can it be.