Video Fun

David Sprouse

36 minutes ago, David Sprouse said:

Nigel, you're too kind.  I used premiere rush.  I've been reading up on Da Vinci resolve though.  Do you have any recommendations?

david

I've used Vegas for years - used to be by Sony but it was sold to Magix, now called Movie Edit Pro - I find it really good, but I think it's because I've used it for so long I know exactly how it works!!

Have heard good things about Da Vinci, although not used it myself

Nigel

I gave up on CyberLink and Corel. They NEVER stop pushing ads, and I never used much of the bloatware crap (ex-squeeze me; premium add-ons) they install. Tried VideoPad from NCH. It's kind of a joke. I looked at Resolve, but it's way more complex than I want to deal with. And I'm never going to need/buy DaVinci's hardware (the whole purpose of making the entry-level Resolve free).

I wanted a permanent license, not a subscription, so I shrugged, decided to dance with the devil and bought a license to Adobe Premiere Elements. I need to make YouTube videos. That's all. It works great for that. It's fast. And no bloatware.

Edited by John Maar

11 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

david

I've used Vegas for years - used to be by Sony but it was sold to Magix, now called Movie Edit Pro - I find it really good, but I think it's because I've used it for so long I know exactly how it works!!

Have heard good things about Da Vinci, although not used it myself

Nigel

11 hours ago, John Maar said:

I gave up on CyberLink and Corel. They NEVER stop pushing ads, and I never used much of the bloatware crap (ex-squeeze me; premium add-ons) they install. Tried VideoPad from NCH. It's kind of a joke. I looked at Resolve, but it's way more complex than I want to deal with. And I'm never going to need/buy DaVinci's hardware (the whole purpose of making the entry-level Resolve free).

I wanted a permanent license, not a subscription, so I shrugged, decided to dance with the devil and bought a license to Adobe Premiere Elements. I need to make YouTube videos. That's all. It works great for that. It's fast. And no bloatware.

I'm curious viz vegas, but I heard it is more prone to crash.  Also, magix just isn't stepping up to the plate in terms of development.  I'm a long time sound forge user.  :D Da vinci resolve is  free.

Very nice first effort David. If you're looking for free video stock check out pixabay.com. Pretty good stuff and all they ask is that you give a credit to the clip creator.
Or a donation of course.
I've used Vegas Pro for a long time but decided to go with DaVinci Resolve for a change.  They have good tutorials, their forums are helpful and you can't beat the price.

-Bjorn

. . . and then there were two . . . congrats David, seems like you've ventured into something new ? . . . your music is always interesting, now you've added a new dimension, I think it's going to go very well for you . . . enjoyed these very much !

22 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Very nice first effort David. If you're looking for free video stock check out pixabay.com. Pretty good stuff and all they ask is that you give a credit to the clip creator.
Or a donation of course.
I've used Vegas Pro for a long time but decided to go with DaVinci Resolve for a change.  They have good tutorials, their forums are helpful and you can't beat the price.

-Bjorn

Thank you for the tip Bjorn.  Yes resolve is great!

16 hours ago, Wookiee said:

I admit I did not watch the video but I did enjoy the music.

Thanks for listening. 

3 hours ago, noynekker said:

. . . and then there were two . . . congrats David, seems like you've ventured into something new ? . . . your music is always interesting, now you've added a new dimension, I think it's going to go very well for you . . . enjoyed these very much !

Thank you for the positive energy. We all need that!

On 3/27/2021 at 7:31 AM, Hidden Symmetry said:

enjoyed it David, nice gtr. tones...them some weeds too!

On 3/27/2021 at 7:32 AM, Johnbee58 said:

I really enjoyed both vids, especially the music in the second.

🙂 John B

On 3/28/2021 at 9:44 AM, Lynn Wilson said:

Well done, David!  Your music was always begging to be displayed in a video.  Now that you made the jump, I hope you keep making more vids for us to enjoy!

Thank you men.  Means alot, coming from three of my favorite forum composers.  

Edited by David Sprouse