In Session Audio's World Percussion Creator is Released with Intro Prices!

Reid Rosefelt

I've been waiting for this.  It's coming out this week with special intro prices TBD.  Nobody makes percussion libraries like ISA's Kyle Z.   His guitar loop libraries are also great. 

https://insessionaudio.com/products/world-percussion-creator/

Two versions:
CORE - with ten kits and 20 MIDI song suites   $109.99   ($139.99 after intro offer)
EXPANSION -   30 kits and 60 MIDI files. $129.97  ($219.97 after intro)

With that price jump, it seems like the time to buy the expansions is now. Intro prices end on April 25.

There is also a bundle deal for this and the two other ISA percussion libraries--Taiko Crator and Drumatic Creator for $379.91.   This also makes you eligible for one more library, because of the  standard ISA 4 for 3 deal.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

It looks like the expansion version might be pricey as you qualify for the 4 for 3 deal if you get it.  But we'll see.  Maybe Kyle Z is just offering a great deal.  😃

I think that is if you buy the combo of World Percussion, Taiko Creator and Drumatic Creator that would qualify for getting a 4th library free. I already have Taiko and Drumatic so no combo discount for me.

As a rule I recommend just getting the expanded one from the start if you can.  Honestly the whole expanded vs core has always been really confusing with In Session since it was never clear how to buy the expansions later (or what they would cost).

6 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I think that is if you buy the combo of World Percussion, Taiko Creator and Drumatic Creator that would qualify for getting a 4th library free. I already have Taiko and Drumatic so no combo discount for me.

As a rule I recommend just getting the expanded one from the start if you can.  Honestly the whole expanded vs core has always been really confusing with In Session since it was never clear how to buy the expansions later (or what they would cost).

Thanks for clearing that up, Matthew.  I really didn't look at that carefully.  That makes a lot more sense! 

In terms of expansions:

When I bought Riff Generation: Outside In for the intro price of $99.99 there was only one product, but after that there were three really nice expansions that came later  for free.  Really good stuff that took it to a whole new level.

I didn't buy the Taiko library, but I believe that the people who did get all 3 expansions for free.   

So if you buy Riff Generation: Outside In today it is $169.96 with all the expansions - he doesn't sell it without.  There are sales now and then.

And the Taiko now lists for $139.99 for the core version and $159.97 (why .97?)  with the expansion packs.

So....  I'm going to guess that the core on the World Percussion may be as low as $99.99 and the version with expansions might be $119.96 or $129.97.  Think of what I'll do saving those extra two or three cents!  Binge-buying I'm sure.

If that is the price I'll go for the one with the expansions.  I truly don't need any more world percussion.  I have superb Djembes, Cajons, Tupans, Frame Drums, up the wazoo.  I even have some excellent trash can lids.  😀 My GAS for this is 100% Kyle Z and the perfectionism and creativity he puts into his engines and libraries.  He--and all his collaborators like EvilDragon-- is in a class by himself. 

I think this will be a lot of fun to use and inspiring, even though the presets are a bit more epic and film soundtracky  than the kind of world percussion I tend to do, which is quieter.   I have a feeling i will be using the engine more than the presets.  But I'm looking forward to this if the prices are on level with the typical ISA intro prices, and there's no reason to think they won't be.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt

20 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

It looks like the expansion version might be pricey as you qualify for the 4 for 3 deal if you get it.

If there are other libraries that you don't have, the best time for this offer would probably be (IIRC) near the end of the year when they have their best-prices-of-the-year sale, as you can benefit from both discounted product prices, and the fourth product free. That said, it'll most probably be outside of the best-intro-price period for this one.

I posted the prices above.

I turned out to be pretty close with the prices.  They are just $10 more than my lowest predictions.   A good deal for sure and I will go for the one with the expansions. 

If you are interested in the expansions, then now is the time to jump as they go up $90.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt

Notice at link:

Our apologies.

We just announced this release and found that (it appears) that the serial numbers have not been “turned on” by Native Instruments.

We have messaged them and they have confirmed that this will be resolved within an hour (1:45 CST)

Until then, we have disabled the ability to purchase World Percussion Creator.

We will email everyone on our list once it is available again. Thank you!

[edit a few minutes later] They've fixed it:

While we worked to resolve the issue we disabled the ability to purchase - so many of you that clicked over were unable to see the price or purchase.

However, Native Instruments resolved things quickly for us and everything is back up as it should be.

Our apologies for the confusion!

Edited by fpoir
messages from vendor

On 3/23/2021 at 4:19 PM, antler said:

If there are other libraries that you don't have, the best time for this offer would probably be (IIRC) near the end of the year when they have their best-prices-of-the-year sale, as you can benefit from both discounted product prices, and the fourth product free. That said, it'll most probably be outside of the best-intro-price period for this one.

I've got most of what I want by ISA.  Taiko and Drumatic Creator are not for me. 

I got this yesterday.

This is my first Creator Series, and I was surprised to see that you can get up to 9 drums/percussion instruments on one note!  And some of these are pretty poweful drums!  I'm sure it is well explained in the demos, but it didn't sink into my head, as  when I think of a kit, my brain is programmed to think of it as different instruments on each note.   With this you can get a huge kit on one note.  And when you start playing these patterns...  let's just say full versions of the MIDI files are aimed mainly at the very LOUD end of the spectrum. The demos make this clear.   If you make epic music, this will rock you.  And I could see how somebody could do a cue for an action movie just using one of the presets.  Certainly you wouldn't need much more.

At the same time, each production kit has versions that are only high or only low.  So you can get some nice variations there.  I can see myself using those the most.  There are some really great things in there.  

But what really is great about it is the high quality of the sampling and MIDI patterns.  They add up to drum beats that sound as real as they are dynamic. 

With all the great drums recorded I can make more modest kits for myself that will work very well for my needs.  I'm happy with my purchase. 

• Like 6

Any MIDI arrangements playing non-western arrangements?  For example something in 6/8 time?
I listened to the demo and to me it all sounds like western musicians playing non-western instruments theatrically...
Not faulting the quality of the recordings, etc..

Edited by TheSteven

In Session Audio show very good attention to detail. For example, when you use the Shaker in Shimmer, Shake, Strike and render the audio, you get the authentic pre-shake sound before the beat that a human would create moving the shaker into place getting ready for the beat. That little thing sold me on the company.

• Like 1