Pentagon I not showing in CbB or SPLAT

tecknot

Hi Everyone,

I installed Pentagon I (only) from my X3 installation, but it doesn't show up in either Cakewalk or SPLAT (x64).  I've done a net search and found threads on the Registry hack (giving permission to users for Pentagon I), but haven't had any success.  Also installed Project 5 v2 and can use Pentagon from there, but can't rewire P5 into CbB or SPLAT (due to the 64bit limitation, IIRC).  Only thing is I can't figure out how to use Pentagon I as a vocoder in P5.  I read that some users have been able to use Pentagon I in SPLAT.

Does anyone know of a way to get Pentagon I to show up and work in CbB or SPLAT beyond the registry hack?  Any suggestion or solution would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Pentagon I is a DX plug-in. P5 is a 32bit DAW so the Pentagon I it sees is 32bit. Install a 64bit version of Pentagon I to use it in CbB. Pentagon I is not part of CbB or SONAR Platinum so, use an advanced install of an older 64bit version of SONAR to get the plug-in.

I have the 64-bit version of "Pentagon I" DXi installed here, and it works in CbB: "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared DXi\Pentagon I\P1DXi.dll"

I believe that I had retrieved it from my Sonar X3 install media using the advanced install, as scook recommends.

It's probably been a couple of years for me so I don't recall the details. But I don't think that DXi will work with the same bit bridge that allows you to use 32-bit VST plugins with a 64-bit Sonar or CbB, so you must use the 64-bit DXi with the 64-bit host.

Just be aware, that there are a some presets in Pentagon that can cause loud feedback and audio distortion through your monitors in Cakewalk or Sonar. You can disable the audio engine in that event.

I also found that you can open up Pentagon in Reaper (yes it supports DXi), and it automatically mutes the track if you hit an offending preset. So no loud noises.

Thank you, everyone.  I was worried I might need the VSTi version, but as it turns out per scook's post I needed to install the x64bit version.  All is fine now and Pentagon I is working in CbB.  Awesome!

Kind regards,

tecknot